Edelbrock RPM Intake fitment on 79 Cutlass

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
I'm running a performer with a 403 and stock air cleaner. I was wanting to run a 1" spacer, but even that won't let the air cleaner clear the hood insulation. I'd like to get a little more volume in the intake, but curious how to make is work without choking the air cleaner down too much.
Try the 3/4" Edelbrock 8726 spacer. I know it is 4 hole but it helps a bit. Either that or mill the Transdapt 1" open spacer.

Last edited:

403Olds

G-Body Guru
May 31, 2014
South Central Ohio
Try the 3/4" Edelbrock 8726 spacer. I know it is 4 hole but it helps a bit. Either that or mill the Transdapt 1" open spacer.

I'd be curious if anyone here has tried it. I've got an open 1" spacer, I'm not opposed to shortening it to 3/4" if someone confirmed it would fit. I did mill the center divider down on my performer for a little more volume.

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
I would think 1/4" should do it. I have about a 1/2" combined gasket with a stock iron #17 intake and stock air cleaner, it would clear the stock hood. How bad is it contacting the air cleaner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor