EFI Fuel Tank

Sweet_Johnny

Has A Face For Radio
Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2022
Wichita, Kansas
I plan on using the tank and straps from a mid-'90s B Body, specifically, a '95 Impala. I hear the wagon tanks fit too, and hold a few more gallons. Factory tanks were plastic, new ones are metal.
This is for my El Camino, other Gs may be different.

Last edited:

DSPbuilt

G-Body Guru
Jan 7, 2016
Cape Coral, FL
I plan on using the tank and straps from a mid-'90s B Body, specifically, a '95 Impala. I hear the wagon tanks fit too, and hold a few more gallons. Factory tanks were plastic, new ones are metal.
This is for my El Camino, other Gs may be different.
I have wanted to do the same, I was the tank to be centered and a little larger. Only issue I have found is that there isn't any options for higher hp stuff unless you just run a surge tank with a couple pumps in it.

Reactions: 1 users

Sweet_Johnny

Has A Face For Radio
Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2022
Wichita, Kansas
It's my understanding that the B Body tanks/ SS pumps are good up to about 650, is that true? I'm still researching and learning as I go.

Last edited:

DSPbuilt

G-Body Guru
Jan 7, 2016
Cape Coral, FL
It's my understanding that the B Body tanks/ SS pumps are good up to about 650, is that true? I'm still researching and learning as I go.
From what I have seen the stock pump is only good for about 121lph. From most online calculators that's good for about 350 fwhp. I'm sure you can easily fit a 525 in there and they support 650 easy.

Reactions: 1 users

Sweet_Johnny

Has A Face For Radio
Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2022
Wichita, Kansas
From what I have seen the stock pump is only good for about 121lph. From most online calculators that's good for about 350 fwhp. I'm sure you can easily fit a 525 in there and they support 650 easy.
Ahh, thank you for the clarification.

Sweet_Johnny

Has A Face For Radio
Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2022
Wichita, Kansas

Ernest

G-Body Guru
Apr 28, 2016
Texas
Im not sure where you are getting your information from but the Spectra GM307c has had the tall baffles that duplicate the factory plastic baffle for atleast 8 years now. The only ones that have the shallow "pie plate" are the cheap Chinese made clones.
Heres a 6yr old YT video of the Spectra GM307c tank in better detail.... looks good, but i plan on using the fuel down to 1/4 tank most times and still not have to worry about starvation issues, hence the "Tanks Inc" one, im sure that one will fit the bill nicely for me personally, and for $300, why not.

gnvair

Royal Smart Person
Sep 1, 2018
Southern New Jersey near Philly
Heres a 6yr old YT video of the Spectra GM307c tank in better detail.... looks good, but i plan on using the fuel down to 1/4 tank most times and still not have to worry about starvation issues, hence the "Tanks Inc" one, im sure that one will fit the bill nicely for me personally, and for $300, why not.

Whatever floats your boat. I was just pointing out that the Spectra tanks no longer has the issues you spoke of and haven't for many years.

Ernest

G-Body Guru
Apr 28, 2016
Texas
Whatever floats your boat. I was just pointing out that the Spectra tanks no longer has the issues you spoke of and haven't for many years.
My boat floats just fine thank you.

I do see that the newer aftermarket tanks(ie SPECTRA) have a better sump design than previous units, it may be close enough compared to OEM tanks, but not exact. Hence why i suggested going with the TANKS inc one, seems to be a much better design internally and competivly priced, i just want to be able to go as low as 1/4 tank without issues, regardless if just im cruising, autocrossing or road/track racing.

Reactions: 1 user

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor