el caminino overheating... maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

deathproof

Greasemonkey
May 2, 2009
saint louis
hi im new to gbody forum but is really cool so far. i just put a new 350 in my 83 el camino. its got a 195 thermostat a be cool aluminum radiator new water pump new coolant, basicaly the onley thing that hasnt been changed since i got it is the temp gauge and sending unit (after market sunpro). so heres the problem, no matter what time year or day once it warms up the gauge bounces between 190 and 240. it dosent run differnt no matter what but i'm trying to figure out if its real problem or if maybe the gauge or sending unit is bad. any advise would be awome. thanks.

If it bounces really fast, I would say it is a wiring problem. You should be a able to use an ohm meter and check the resistance at the sensor. Just put one lead on the terminal and the other on the intake. Check it when you notice the gauge bouncing and see if the reading at the ohm meter is staying steady. If it is not, it probably has to do with the wiring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor