Electric "Muscle" Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
At some point natural selection will take over. Meaning, when EV's are practical from an operational, cost and sustainability standpoint, then they will naturally become a viable option for some, most or everyone. Until then, this is a show of the ignoramuses AFAIC. Let Cadillac, Dodge, whomever, go down this path.

I hate to sound ignorant, but EV's won't take over in my life time only because there are too many people like me (and alot of 'yous') that aren't giving up on ICE powered vehicles quite yet. Performance oriented folks aren't giving into an EV anytime soon. I know the argument - EV's are already faster than most other production cars. The big 'but' in that argument though is the price tag. Show me an EV that runs 10's for under $10K. For that matter find one that runs 10's for less than $50K. Now find on that runs 8's for less than $15k.

I'm confident that racers, hotrodders, etc. won't be hotrodding EV's on a budget for 20+ years. By that time it will be evident that we don't have the electric grid to support them in mass production.

Of course I could be wrong, as I sometimes am. But, while I'm waiting for end of the ICE age to occur, I'm stock piling LS's - and I'd gladly stockpile the new Hemi's if they were worth a sh*t at 200K miles and available for $250. The best thing Dodge can do is eliminate ICE - sounds sensible in FREAKIN' BIZARRO WORLD!!

Not having a electric grid capable of supporting everyone using EVs is a feature, not a bug.
retardos-png.3526571

Reactions: 3 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Not having a electric grid capable of supporting everyone using EVs is a feature, not a bug.
retardos-png.3526571
Speaking of 'bugs', the same groups of people are advocating for insect protein to supplement and/or replace in part or whole the more traditional sources mainly being meat, but, also leapfrog past vegetable meat replacements

Reactions: 2 users

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
Speaking of 'bugs', the same groups of people are advocating for insect protein to supplement and/or replace in part or whole the more traditional sources mainly being meat, but, also leapfrog past vegetable meat replacements

Bonnewagon

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
Anyone here ever have a slot car? What did you do to win races? You took the little electric motor apart and re-wound it to make more power. I am sure there are already hot-rodded electric motors in the works. Remember what they used to say in the '60s? Lead, follow, or get out of the way.

Reactions: 1 users

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
Anyone here ever have a slot car? What did you do to win races? You took the little electric motor apart and re-wound it to make more power. I am sure there are already hot-rodded electric motors in the works. Remember what they used to say in the '60s? Lead, follow, or get out of the way.
Been done with a few teslas already.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
The LX platform is what, 17+ years old at this point? (IDK really if its still exactly the same platform, but it looks like it from here)

Time for a change if you ask me.

:popcorn:

But sure, tell me more about how a private multi-national company (not even based here) is trying to force you to do something bc of "ZOMGthe President" or whatever. Y'all are hilarious AF but no, bitching (unrelatedly) about how "the government is forcing us to do X, Y and Z bc I heard it on the news" doesn't belong here. You know this. Yet y'all keep trying.

family guy math GIF

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
  • Agree
Reactions: 1 user

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
  • Agree

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Yeah Yeah Yeah LD LX LA whatever. When I look at a pix of a new 300 and an '05 300

GIF by Tokkingheads
But, they sold, and, they continue to sell. Isnt that all that matters, not change for the sake of change?

Hurricane77

Master Mechanic
Nov 11, 2020
Ottawa, Canada
But, they sold, and, they continue to sell. Isnt that all that matters, not change for the sake of change?
Meh...Ford, ran the Panther platform for 33 years. Fox was around for 26.

I've just never been a huge fan of Mopars in general. Though a lot of their stuff has extremely dedicated fans. (i.e. Classic Mopars, Dodge trucks, Jeeps, current Charger/Challenger models)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor