Electric Vacuum Pumps

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
This week I want to check the manifold vacuum on the 406. Something I wont be straining myself to do.
Last time I took the car for a quick run down the street it wasnt exactly stopping on a dime. Pedal was kinda hard. Factory discs and Moser 11" Ford drums on the back. Everything from front to back is new. Everythings adjusted. Im thinking vacuum or lack of it might be the issue.
If it is I was looking at electric pumps. Looks like Leeds makes the quietest ones. Anyone using them ? Is it worth the $400 ?

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Doesn't look like the sort of thing the docs approve while "resting"....

1650913860023.png

bracketchev1221

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2018
Manifold vacuum reading would be good to know. You can play around with some stuff to get that up. My car has issues I was able to get it from 7 to 10” and it’s ok with a vacuum can, but I think I’d like to go pump as well and the Leeds is on my list to do as well.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
An inexpensive alternative to the electric vacuum pump would be a belt driven vacuum pump, I have had a used one on my Monte for decades and it works great and pulls 28" of vacuum and regulates itself and does not need a vacuum source.
It was from an early 90's F350 diesel truck (later years have the serpentine pulley) and I made brackets to mount it and run it off my power steering pulley
IMG_1343.JPG

Last edited:
  • Creative
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor