Engine mount adapters

Status
Not open for further replies.

houston_t

Greasemonkey
Nov 15, 2016
Metro Detroit
Metaltek MFG mounts here. Fit perfectly with stock truck AC compressor location as well. Using ICT Billet accessory drive system.

What oil pan are you using with those mounts ?

theIrishman

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 27, 2018
I used the Holley 302-3. It is the one Holley specifically mentioned the G-Body cars in the description. That is why I chose it over the 302-2.

theIrishman

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 27, 2018
No fitment or clearance issues?
The Metaltek MFG mounts and the Holley 302-3 pan are a great fit! Plenty of clearance oil pan to K member, and air conditioning compressor to K member. I am running the Speed Engineering 1 3/4" long tube headers, and there is the typical issues with clearance with the passenger's side frame rail, and upper control arm rear bushing, as well as the driver's side lower control arm frame mount. None of those I believe to be the fault of the Metaltek MFG mounts or the Holley pan.

theIrishman

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 27, 2018
These are the mounts I used:

Attachments

• IMG_2369.JPG
    IMG_2369.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 240
  • IMG_2380.JPG
    IMG_2380.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 234
  • IMG_2396.JPG
    IMG_2396.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 227
Reactions: 1 user

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Started with stock clamshell mounts. Modified the frame mount by splitting them open and swapping out the stock biscuits for Energy Suspension polyurethane units. RE-installed the frame mounts using 7/16 Grade 8 capscrews instead of the Grade ? metrics that came stock. Ran with Hedman Hedders for over 10 years; got about 2 years per install due to winter driving and salt. Went to score the latest set and found that the designers had changed the pipe configuration so that the upper half of the clamshell mount now interfered with the No 1 and 2 pipes. My cure for that is outlined in Project Regress--Progress?? elsewhere. The solid mounts are just that, solid, no cushion between what the engine is doing and the good? vibrations that arise as a result. On the positive side they do offer great clearance for most versions of headers currently available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor