Engine Mount Trouble!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
the engine I just picked up was installed in a Suburban so I'll take a look at the brackets off that engine compared to what's on the SBC engines we have for the race car....

cutty

Greasemonkey
May 7, 2008
near london ontario canada
the mounts bolted to the engine side of mine are from a 86 chevy 1/2 ton,and the 1's on the frame are for a 84 cutlass with a 305

jrm81bu

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 9, 2008
Antwerp, OH
Well sh*t, there goes my theory, lol. That's why i said it wasn't fact. That was the best possible cause we could come up with after running in to this problem before. I'm not even gonna count how many swaps i've done and didn't have this problem.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
like I said before the only problem we encountered was the pontiac engine clamshells didn't work with a SBC but we saw the problem as they were not in the proper location on the crossmember...the hole pattern in the pontiac clamshells were slightly different than the ones for a 350...

montekels86

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 6, 2009
Re:

pontiacgp said:
like I said before the only problem we encountered was the pontiac engine clamshells didn't work with a SBC but we saw the problem as they were not in the proper location on the crossmember...the hole pattern in the pontiac clamshells were slightly different than the ones for a 350...[/quote

im doing a swap on my 4.3 to a 305 i know i need new motor mounts for the v8 but wouldnt i need to move them foward on the frame or it will fall right into place where they are now also wanted to know if the computer n the wireing for the 4.3 fuel injected would work with the 305

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
it's not the clamshells that bolt to the frame that are a problem, they're relatively universal on chevy's. but you do need the block side brackets to match the car. i made that mistake, used the brackets that came with the engine--73 350ci--and had all kinds of trouble getting the engine in, especially with poly mounts. i just got a pair of early 80's elco brackets and theres a LARGE difference between the two. i'll try and get some pics posted up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor