engine problems, again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know my 4.3 ran like that when I had a bad vacuum leak. Would only stay on if I stayed on the gas . I would check all your vacuum lines make sure hoses ain't cracked and leaking.

pontiacgp said:
it's a pdf file so you should be able to open with the free reader if you need to download it..

http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive_new ... manual.pdf

For some reason my moms computer will not download it, She doesn't have the administrator rights so it wont let her do many things.
This is the only computer I have so its horrible.

Here's a few pictures and a video.
I checked the lines, I saw none that were disconnected cut breaking or anything they all seemed fine.

But here's the pictures, I hope They're good enough.

2n6eww.jpg

72xgmd.jpg

200smmx.jpg

w0jf9j.jpg

fycsbr.jpg

and here's the video, Don't mind the wife haha.

http://youtu.be/ir4Drf-7r70

I hope you all can get a good determination on these, If not I could take more pictures/videos if your more specific on what to photograph/film.
Thank you.

i had the same problem mine would start right up then die and would not idel and i have the 1406 edelbrock... come to find out it had nothin to do with the carb there was a tear in the diaphram in the fuel pump.. it was getting enough gas to start and enough if you put ur foot in it but not enough to idel drove me crazy for weeks until i found out the real problem....

I hate edelbrocks, anyhow, open the flap up all the way on the carb (I left a comment on your page), if it starts and idles fine thats your problem, if not...ill think of something else :mrgreen:

Lowproelco said:
i had the same problem mine would start right up then die and would not idel and i have the 1406 edelbrock... come to find out it had nothin to do with the carb there was a tear in the diaphram in the fuel pump.. it was getting enough gas to start and enough if you put ur foot in it but not enough to idel drove me crazy for weeks until i found out the real problem....

I will go out and check that now.
What exactly am I looking for, Like a crack or a break??
I am sorry I have never dealt with this.

LSCustoms said:
I hate edelbrocks, anyhow, open the flap up all the way on the carb (I left a comment on your page), if it starts and idles fine thats your problem, if not...ill think of something else :mrgreen:

Yeah i wrote back, I have pinned it open on may occasions and my wife and I have held it open, But it still runs like this no matter what.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor