engine problems, again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lowproelco

Greasemonkey
Jul 19, 2011
So Cal
I will go out and check that now.
What exactly am I looking for, Like a crack or a break??
I am sorry I have never dealt with this.[/quote]

no its internal on mine i had the glass filter and before it was barely half full when it shoulda been full.. i always thought it either worked or it didnt but i was wrong it had a rip in the diaphram so its was working but barely.. kinda like a hole in a plunger.. it will stil work but not good.. brand new there only like 30 bucks i just replaced mine... but after all the money i spent chasing the problem ie tuneup, rebuilt carb etc.. 30 bucks wasnt nothin...

Mar 24, 2010
LOS ANGELES
It sounds like a vacuum problem. Stick a screwdriver in the carburator to have it open. Can you post pics how to do you have the vacuum lines connected. Where you from someone can go help you out.

CHRIS.O

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2011
MI
One thing I gotta ask here is, did you use a gasket between the carb and spacer, not the spacer and intake but carb and spacer? I ask because I can't really see one in the picture but it is later and I'm so tired I can barely see straight. As far as the choke I dunno man, that is weird. You have 12 volts going to it so maybe it is an adjustment issue. I will see if I can download the manual and send the text to you in a pm.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
remove the power feed to the distributor so you can leave the key in the on position without the car running and watch the rod that goes to the choke to see if it pulls the airvalve open.

200smmx.jpg

David Williamson

G-Body Guru
Jan 7, 2011
Lowproelco said:
I will go out and check that now.
What exactly am I looking for, Like a crack or a break??
I am sorry I have never dealt with this.

no its internal on mine i had the glass filter and before it was barely half full when it shoulda been full.. i always thought it either worked or it didnt but i was wrong it had a rip in the diaphram so its was working but barely.. kinda like a hole in a plunger.. it will stil work but not good.. brand new there only like 30 bucks i just replaced mine... but after all the money i spent chasing the problem ie tuneup, rebuilt carb etc.. 30 bucks wasnt nothin...[/quote]

I will definitely check that out, I went to sleep last night early so never got out there.
But That's what I did oil change, transmission fluid gasket and filter.
I done it all and thought it would solve it but nope.
Thanks and I will tell you when I get back in.

David Williamson

G-Body Guru
Jan 7, 2011
chevymalibu said:
It sounds like a vacuum problem. Stick a screwdriver in the carburator to have it open. Can you post pics how to do you have the vacuum lines connected. Where you from someone can go help you out.

Yeah i will post some in a little while of all the lines.
I am from Louisville, Ky, I have already tried getting some from here help me and I never got anything back, I don't think anyone is to close to help.

David Williamson

G-Body Guru
Jan 7, 2011
CHRIS.O said:
One thing I gotta ask here is, did you use a gasket between the carb and spacer, not the spacer and intake but carb and spacer? I ask because I can't really see one in the picture but it is later and I'm so tired I can barely see straight. As far as the choke I dunno man, that is weird. You have 12 volts going to it so maybe it is an adjustment issue. I will see if I can download the manual and send the text to you in a pm.

I actually didn't.
Should I get a gasket now?
Thank you so much, Cause it will not let me download anything and its starting to get annoying, haha.

67rstbkt

G-Body Guru
Sep 30, 2010
Reno, Nevada
David Williamson said:
I actually didn't.
Should I get a gasket now?
Thank you so much, Cause it will not let me download anything and its starting to get annoying, haha.

uh.....yes you should have a gasket there :idea:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor