Not open for further replies.

David Williamson

G-Body Guru
Jan 7, 2011
67rstbkt said:
David Williamson said:
I actually didn't.
Should I get a gasket now?
Thank you so much, Cause it will not let me download anything and its starting to get annoying, haha.

uh.....yes you should have a gasket there :idea:

Wait I am terribly sorry, It came with the gasket when I bought the spacer.
What was I thinking, Yes it did come with one.
I am sorry for that.

67rstbkt

G-Body Guru
Sep 30, 2010
Reno, Nevada
David Williamson said:
67rstbkt said:
David Williamson said:
I actually didn't.
Should I get a gasket now?
Thank you so much, Cause it will not let me download anything and its starting to get annoying, haha.

uh.....yes you should have a gasket there :idea:

Wait I am terribly sorry, It came with the gasket when I bought the spacer.
What was I thinking, Yes it did come with one.
I am sorry for that.

So you have two gaskets there, correct? One below the spacer and one on top of the spacer?

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
CHRIS.O said:
One thing I gotta ask here is, did you use a gasket between the carb and spacer, not the spacer and intake but carb and spacer? I ask because I can't really see one in the picture but it is later and I'm so tired I can barely see straight. As far as the choke I dunno man, that is weird. You have 12 volts going to it so maybe it is an adjustment issue. I will see if I can download the manual and send the text to you in a pm.

that was a nice catch on the missing gasket...
bigtup.gif

David Williamson

G-Body Guru
Jan 7, 2011
pontiacgp said:
CHRIS.O said:
One thing I gotta ask here is, did you use a gasket between the carb and spacer, not the spacer and intake but carb and spacer? I ask because I can't really see one in the picture but it is later and I'm so tired I can barely see straight. As far as the choke I dunno man, that is weird. You have 12 volts going to it so maybe it is an adjustment issue. I will see if I can download the manual and send the text to you in a pm.

that was a nice catch on the missing gasket...
bigtup.gif

I know right.
I guess I was out of my mind for a second.
But then I remembered that it came with a gasket to go between the carb and spacer and I had a gasket that fit from the spacer to the intake.
But they're all there.

richp85elco

Master Mechanic
Feb 3, 2011
Long Beach, CA
i think i see both gaskets, but that would explain a vacuum leak if there not. Have you downloaded the manual yet? you can get it from there website for free. I think you should try and get the idle mixture screws back to the factory position and go from there, there suppose to be at the same position and from the pics you posted it looks like the right one is almost all the way down (lean) and the left one is out more (richer). Then if it dies on you when you put it in drive turn the idle up some.

David Williamson

G-Body Guru
Jan 7, 2011
I messed with my idle screw and made it run without holding the gas.
But its still running very sluggish and not wanting to go into gear, if I put it in gear then it will die out.
I was also messing with the idle mixture screws and it made it even out, It would run good hen it would begin to run sluggish again.

David Williamson

G-Body Guru
Jan 7, 2011
richp85elco said:
i think i see both gaskets, but that would explain a vacuum leak if there not. Have you downloaded the manual yet? you can get it from there website for free. I think you should try and get the idle mixture screws back to the factory position and go from there, there suppose to be at the same position and from the pics you posted it looks like the right one is almost all the way down (lean) and the left one is out more (richer). Then if it dies on you when you put it in drive turn the idle up some.

Yeah that's what i though was weird when I saw them it was out more than the other.
So I turned them all the way in and unscrewed 1 1/2 turns out.
I watched the video on Edelbrock.com But the computer wont allow the download so I have to see if Chris.O can give it to me through PM and watch it there or download it that way.

I was wondering if that's how many turns from the all the way down position 1 1/2 turns?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor