Engine Removal How-To?

Status
Not open for further replies.
CityW42 said:
Thanks for all the tips guys. This isn't our first engine pull, but I know some tips always make the job easier when you know them in advance.

I think I may pull the front clip off, I've done it before many times and find it super easy to get everything back in.
Been thinking about pulling the front clip off too, when I do the swap, but I've never done it before. Wouldn't figure it would be too hard, though.

papabearxl said:
CityW42 said:
Thanks for all the tips guys. This isn't our first engine pull, but I know some tips always make the job easier when you know them in advance.

I think I may pull the front clip off, I've done it before many times and find it super easy to get everything back in.
Been thinking about pulling the front clip off too, when I do the swap, but I've never done it before. Wouldn't figure it would be too hard, though.

Be careful, that usually leads to a lot of other work! :lol:

Changing my driver's fender turned into removing the clip, painting the core support, frame rails, replacing a-arm bushings, painting suspension, etc

papabearxl said:

if you do keep track of where the body shims go

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor