Entered my first car show! PICS ADDED

Status
Not open for further replies.

2000.malibu.ls

Royal Smart Person
May 11, 2008
Lake City, Florida
After having to work all week to pay off my new speedometer, I didnt get anything done on the car, but last night I found out there was a car show in town, and I wanted to enter really bad. So I cleaned up my car, and degreased the motor so i could drive it down there. I drove 30 miles around town (at separate times) in the cutlass today with no speedometer, or tach so I had no way of judging my speed.

But I get to the car show, and realize there are only 12 cars there, so by now ive already paid 25 bucks to enter. There was one car club of about 8 custom trucks who were all stuck up rich college kids with SUV's and Extended cab trucks with 24's-30's and sub woofers bigger than my rims. None of them seemed to give a sh*t about their trucks and were more interested in drinking alcohol, (some of them were my age too.. :shock: ).

So it turned out the only person who seemed to have any interest in me when I got there was a 270 pound 26 year old guy with a honda civic with a ricer wing and fart can. But he was cool and admited his car wasnt fast at all.

Later in the day I got a bunch of compliments and a lot of people were impressed with the 16 year olds car. I dont know if I actually placed anything, but the guy running the car show was impressed by me and gave me a $50 audio gift card, $35 oil change and tire rotation gift card, and $20 worth of Advanced Auto Parts cleaning supplies. So I didnt do to bad for my first car show! I cant wait to get more done and take it to more! (better ones)

hey that's awsome! Can't beat free stuff ever haha current pictues of the car?

Ill take some today since its at my house finally. Im excited about the audio gift card, one guy got al excited about my car, but then he looked inside and was like "what no tunes!?" and had a dissapointed look on his face. so I think imgunna peice together a cheap audio system with my spare change.

Well. not of the car show, but I took there the other day. I still cant figure out what im going to do with my grilles.
olds2.jpg

olds.jpg

GetAttachmentaspx-1.jpg

niiice man! I like the clean look and the rims gp well with it. Good job! How abouts more pics and some of the interior.

interiors nothing to brag about, but here is an older one i will post as a before picture because im redoing it soon hopefully.

(door panels have since been installed)

PICT0030.jpg

AnPmc said:
You should Paint the Grille White, Like I did Mines.
Not really Feeling the Vinyl Top, It Looks like it Throws off the whole Car.
Besides that, It Looks nice.

working on the vinyl top, not really sure what I want to do about it, because its peeling and cracking horribly. The grilles I have have broken mounts, so they are going to need modification, and I really want to paint them black until the car is repainted so it will all match.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor