Escape From the Prison Planet

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
You and me both. Truthfully, I could probably get by just fine without one at this point. Still really want one but it's become less of a priority. The more time goes by, the more I'm considering bringing in a 40' shipping container and putting a roof over it but leaving a 10' overhang/carport on the downhill side. That way I could park the Brohauler and landscaping trailer plus my little utility trailer plus the TWs securely inside. Then I could park the Smell Camino under the overhang plus the tow dolly. Not sure I'm going to even keep the car hauler.
20191018_183729.jpg

As you can see by my lifelike illustration, there's plenty of room. I'd probably put a fence around all of it to hide the ugly. Anyway, that would free up enough room in the garage to really work on just about anything.

Just a thought.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
You and me both. Truthfully, I could probably get by just fine without one at this point. Still really want one but it's become less of a priority. The more time goes by, the more I'm considering bringing in a 40' shipping container and putting a roof over it but leaving a 10' overhang/carport on the downhill side. That way I could park the Brohauler and landscaping trailer plus my little utility trailer plus the TWs securely inside. Then I could park the Smell Camino under the overhang plus the tow dolly. Not sure I'm going to even keep the car hauler. View attachment 126125

As you can see by my lifelike illustration, there's plenty of room. I'd probably put a fence around all of it to hide the ugly. Anyway, that would free up enough room in the garage to really work on just about anything.

Just a thought.
Inadequate. 40'x60' needed.

• Agree
Reactions: 6 users

Daca214

G-Body Guru
Dec 1, 2017
Jupiter, FL
You and me both. Truthfully, I could probably get by just fine without one at this point. Still really want one but it's become less of a priority. The more time goes by, the more I'm considering bringing in a 40' shipping container and putting a roof over it but leaving a 10' overhang/carport on the downhill side. That way I could park the Brohauler and landscaping trailer plus my little utility trailer plus the TWs securely inside. Then I could park the Smell Camino under the overhang plus the tow dolly. Not sure I'm going to even keep the car hauler. View attachment 126125

Just a thought.
Not a fan of the color scheme. :cool:

• Haha

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary

Just a thought.
Maybe start a fresh thread, "Projects from the Eastern Compound"?

Reactions: 1 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
This is the limbo thread until the 3rd chapter, yet to be named. When the new shop build starts, I'll let this one burn out and start a new one.

Reactions: 2 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Got back from a week in Puerto Rico last night. Did some paperwork this morning then decided to tackle BroHauler tires. I ordered tires and tubes before I left so they came in while I was gone. In the process of loading it it spouted a massive oil leak at the top of the head somewhere. Made a huge mess.

Once I got it unloaded and racked, I yanked the wheels and attempted to dismount.

All I can say is that I'm really, really glad I bought that tire machine. They would have been damn near impossible to dismount without it. The fronts had tubes, the rears didn't and they were all rusted. The bead breaker even had trouble. I used a wire wheel on my grinder to knock off all the scale that would come loose then gave them a couple coats of paint.

The beads are pretty pitted so sealer might be necessary.
I'm going to let them dry overnight then decide if I'm going to go tubeless or not.

Also, my cones came in for the balancer. I was able to get it to spin without throwing an error code so it looks to be ready to do work.

Reactions: 5 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
At first I thought it was coming from the cover for the exhaust valve. I shut it down and when I restarted it, it wasn't spewing like before. I was running it pretty hard right before I noticed the leak. Once I get the tires sorted, I'll clean it up and take another look. Thanks for the heads up on the vent.

Reactions: 2 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Got down to 12* last night. Around noon I found myself without water. Dammit! First thought was frozen pipe. A little diag revealed faulty well pump switch. Easy fix. Way better than frozen anything.

Got the BroHauler tires all mounted up. Ended up going tubeless and using bead sealer (it's like black rubber cement) on all the sealing surfaces. Holding great so far -- time will tell.

Not sure what was up with the oil leak. Doesn't seem to be a problem now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor