Escape From the Prison Planet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 4, 2012
Tires look good! Those Kenda Bear Claws are a really nice tire. I helped a buddy put some on his Yamaha 4 wheeler a few years ago and they rip!

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
It handles noticeably better, not sure it rips. This thing has sizes that are all but obsolete so my options were pretty limited. Best I could manage was Pathfinders out back. Similar block pattern as Bear Claws but no yellow letters. All Kenda though. Hoping these last a good long time. The tires I took off had massive cracks and poor tread. Surprised they held air at all.

Reactions: 1 users
Nov 4, 2012
It handles noticeably better, not sure it rips. This thing has sizes that are all but obsolete so my options were pretty limited. Best I could manage was Pathfinders out back. Similar block pattern as Bear Claws but no yellow letters. All Kenda though. Hoping these last a good long time. The tires I took off had massive cracks and poor tread. Surprised they held air at all.

The yellow lettering has turned brown on his, but they still have good tread on them and he runs it a lot. I have very limited seat time on it but the bear claws ran fantastic in the snow when we took it up to Mines and Meadows last year.

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Pretty lame last few days. Been working and chipping away at my basement but mostly sitting on my *ss absorbing YouTube ridiculousness. Decided to do a final mow and leaf mulch down in the park today.

Did a little chainsaw work down there too. Looks a lot better. Also, great news, my tires are holding air without tubes! I was feeling pretty motivated so I strapped up my driveway grader and was making things nice and tidy...

...when it started spewing oil again. Dammit.
The engine was covered in oil and I couldn't tell at first where it was coming from.

See that hose on top of the case ^^^ behind the cylinder? That's the vent hose Turbolq4 was talking about and it had come loose at the airbox intake. So the engine was blowing oil all over itself. I hooked it back up and returned to work.

Result? She's hurt -- bad. I was drowning the airbox and it barely wanted to run. I'll assume massive blowby is the culprit at this point. This actual explains a few things, thinking back. I may rig up a catch can of some sort for now but it looks like a top end kit is in my future. I'll pencil it in for the spring.

I'm not 100% sure yet but I think this might do it.
Screenshot_20191107-180650_Chrome.jpg

Probably one of these too.
Screenshot_20191107-180902_Chrome.jpg

And I guess I probably should...
Screenshot_20191107-181036_Chrome.jpg

It's only money...and labor.

Reactions: 5 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Pretty lame last few days. Been working and chipping away at my basement but mostly sitting on my *ss absorbing YouTube ridiculousness. Decided to do a final mow and leaf mulch down in the park today.

Did a little chainsaw work down there too. Looks a lot better. Also, great news, my tires are holding air without tubes! I was feeling pretty motivated so I strapped up my driveway grader and was making things nice and tidy...

...when it started spewing oil again. Dammit.
The engine was covered in oil and I couldn't tell at first where it was coming from.

See that hose on top of the case ^^^ behind the cylinder? That's the vent hose Turbolq4 was talking about and it had come loose at the airbox intake. So the engine was blowing oil all over itself. I hooked it back up and returned to work.

Result? She's hurt -- bad. I was drowning the airbox and it barely wanted to run. I'll assume massive blowby is the culprit at this point. This actual explains a few things, thinking back. I may rig up a catch can of some sort for now but it looks like a top end kit is in my future. I'll pencil it in for the spring.

I'm not 100% sure yet but I think this might do it. View attachment 127907
Probably one of these too. View attachment 127909
And I guess I probably should... View attachment 127910

It's only money...and labor.
You've put this much work into it already. Might as well fix it.

• Agree

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Truthfully, it's probably good money after bad. But it has been a really handy tool so far. Also, the market for 4wheelers around here is pretty inflated so, in that vein, I'm still money ahead to fix it. Used Polaris Rangers start at $6k around here and go up to almost $20k. I'll stick with my cheap junk. I just like this oddball thing.

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Truthfully, it's probably good money after bad. But it has been a really handy tool so far. Also, the market for 4wheelers around here is pretty inflated so, in that vein, I'm still money ahead to fix it. Used Polaris Rangers start at $6k around here and go up to almost $20k. I'll stick with my cheap junk. I just like this oddball thing.
It might be cheap and oddball, but it does the job, it's yours and you've already done a good bit of sorting on it so I think it makes total sense to fix it.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Let's not get carried away!:ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor