Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Non-G Projects' started by DRIVEN, Jun 10, 2017.
That guy is way classier than me. Break into my house and I'm not giving any warning.
Don't let his accent or the Euro cars in the driveway fool you. He's probably one of the most old-school Americans you'd ever meet. The first time I met him he literally offered me the shoes off his feet. No joke. He'd just done a liquidation buyout of a shoe store. Asked me what I did for work. I told him I was working in a warehouse (at the time). 2 days later he dropped off a new pair of Danners.
A guy I know over here was getting rid of some rocks/boulders. All I had to do was haul them out. 1 trailer load hauled out by my dad and 2 loads on my trailer. We loaded and unloaded all of them by hand. Not sure where they're going to end up yet but it'll give me something to do in the spring. Rocks are heavy.
We have guys show up and park on the side of the road into town with loads of moss rock from somewhere not close by. Man, that's a lot of work for a few bucks, and they generally look weird out of context. But, maybe some free rocks will keep the Snake out of your Dad' living room?
By the way, I have shop envy.
I'm not jealous of the new paint colors but the shop is pretty sweet. Bigger than it looks too, 40x60. Left side is largely a wood shop. Right side has a parking bay inside the rollup door and the right rear corner has a 20x30 room for his wife's sewing stuff. There's also a long skinny room upstairs (see the window?) That is a sunlit reading with a bunch of books. Only 6 or 8 feet wide but 60 feet long. Its also completely heated and air conditioned.
The house is pretty sweet too. It was a bank repo they bought really cheap about 8 years ago. Probably paid 1/3 what it's worth now. Right time, right place.
The guy was my boss at two different places years ago. He and his wife have been really good to me over the years. Going back over in a couple hours for dinner.
Well, the freeze plugs came in and we got them installed. Had to pull the motor mounts and suspend the engine from the hoist.
After my dad put it all back together we took it down to the river and ran it on the trailer for about 15 minutes. Sounded and ran great! Temp and oil pressure was great!
Just one problem...water in the oil. Dammit.
The old man did all the work getting it out and on the stand. I went over this morning and helped him tear it down. Since we never found an obvious smoking gun, we completely disassembled it and he took the block and heads to the machine shop to be pressure tested. Should know more next week. They're also going to pressure test the intake and exhaust manifolds.
While he was working on that, I was doing a pretrip service on a guy's Winnebago. Gross.
Meanwhile, back at the ranch, the crew came up to bury the electrical conduit from the box up to the house. They also carved out for the footings at the low side of the basement.
The next scene was almost comedy. We called the guys who dug the well years ago about whether or not the existing pump would be adequate to push water to the top of the hill. They suggested doing an output test. Since we weren't seeing useful numbers, they volunteered to come out and test it properly. First thing they found was a defective pressure gauge. In the process of replacing that they managed to crack the brass manifold. Well, shit. After they replaced that they discovered that the bladder was ruptured and the tank was waterlogged. Shit, shit! Now I have a new tank too.
Since I was gone when they finished up we still don't know if the pump is up to the task or not.
Now we wait for concrete.