Escape From the Prison Planet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Talked to my buddy last night. I have the opportunity to buy this '77 Impala pretty cheap. His parents bought it new, he had it for a while then sold it to a friend who did a bunch of work to it before eventually ending up back at my buddy's house in possession of his stepson. Stepson needs cash and I'm really tempted.
It's fairly unique in the respect that it's an Impala but came with a 250-6 in it, which it still has. The previous owner set it up with dual Mikunis. Anyway, now it needs some work and clean up after being owned by a non-mechanically inclined teenager for a couple years.
Here's the only photo I have from about 4 years ago.
View attachment 77969
It's not as shiny and has different wheels now. Should I save it?
Yes you should. I love the 2 door b body.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
I've only read through the last couple pages, but man what progress. I'll be doing a thread soon on my new land and house build. I'll be following along for sure!

Reactions: 1 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
I've only read through the last couple pages, but man what progress. I'll be doing a thread soon on my new land and house build. I'll be following along for sure!
If you only read a couple pages you haven't missed a whole lot. Should be picking up steam soon though.

Turbolq4

Royal Smart Person
Sep 25, 2017
Nampa Idaho
IMG_20171105_172525225.jpg
IMG_20171125_172004928.jpg

A couple recent pics out of the front door. We built a 50x60 shop with an apartment in it which is where we are currently living while we design and build a house which will be about 30 yards from the shop.

Reactions: 3 users

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
I'd save it if I could, I've always had a soft spot for the impy's, especially 2 drs (first car was a '74 2dr).... really miss that land barge

• Agree

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
The red boat is back together and test fired.

Got concrete yesterday.

• Winner
Reactions: 7 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
20171209_135020.jpg

I drilled 97 holes in the footings yesterday. Brown dog was no help. It was in the 20s.

I spent a few hours with the skidsteer today. We laid the perforated pipe around the 3 uphill sides and covered with rock. Then I backfilled the downhill side and leveled out the area that will be the back yard, mostly because it looked like sh*t. It'll get dug up again for septic and drain field along with 2 large drywells that will collect the gutter runoff and whatever may trickle out of the drainage pipe we put in today.

You can see the waterproofing in the 2nd photo. That will get another coat then be covered by a membrane. Then the whole area will be under 6-8 feet of dirt. If all goes well the excavator will be back in about a week for backfill and compaction.

Reactions: 8 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor