Escape From the Prison Planet

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
Google Street View of Arco, ID. Menu hasn't changed in a while.

1565618434198.png

1565618507624.png

Reactions: 1 user

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
On my epic ride to(wards) Glacier in 1992, I rolled through Choteau. After a stretch of utterly nothing but sulfur vents and a few missile silos, suddenly civilization. And fuel. Passed a sign, 'private property, both sides, next 30 miles, no trespassing' and no other hints of humanity except the road and fences.
My grandfather landed there in 1913 when his father died and his family took refuge with an uncle who managed a sheep ranch. Long way back to Brooklyn, NY after the war. For him, it was just like my experience in the Navy - the longer it's been, the better it was.

1565619847362.png

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: 1 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Here ya go! One of my regular customers is a power sports place, and an official Indian dealer. Thought of you when I saw the dingleberry bags lmao!!!
20190816_093559.jpg
20190816_093806.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
I regret nothing.
You shouldn't. It's a great looking machine. I'm not a motorcycle guy (we just don't have the weather for it), but that's how a bike should look.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Indian is still all apart. Taking the wheels and new tires over to get swapped over and balanced in about an hour.

My dad delivered the '36 back to my brother.

Then back hauled a '68 California Special that technically still belongs to my brother's ex father in law, but is being given to my nephew who is 16. No, it won't be his driver.

This thing needs a lot of cosmetic un****. My dad's winter checklist is just to get it driveable. It's been mostly sitting since the late 80s and was last registered in '97. Originally it was white with blue interior and looked something like this.

It was purchased new by my nephew's great grandmother and then his grandpa (her son) bought it a couple years later. His nephew really wanted it for a high school car in the 80s and that's when it got red paint, black interior, Centerlines, and a bunch of extra dash and door panel holes for a stereo. Shame, really. Then it went back to the 2nd owner (grandpa) about 15 years ago.
Anyway, brakes check out good. Carb got rebuilt and will run on a bottle. Distributor weights got freed up. Oil got changed. New fuel tank, pump, and lines should be here next week.
It's likely that I won't really have much involvement in this one.

Reactions: 7 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Indian is still all apart. Taking the wheels and new tires over to get swapped over and balanced in about an hour.

My dad delivered the '36 back to my brother.

Then back hauled a '68 California Special that technically still belongs to my brother's ex father in law, but is being given to my nephew who is 16. No, it won't be his driver.

This thing needs a lot of cosmetic un****. My dad's winter checklist is just to get it driveable. It's been mostly sitting since the late 80s and was last registered in '97. Originally it was white with blue interior and looked something like this.

It was purchased new by my nephew's great grandmother and then his grandpa (her son) bought it a couple years later. His nephew really wanted it for a high school car in the 80s and that's when it got red paint, black interior, Centerlines, and a bunch of extra dash and door panel holes for a stereo. Shame, really. Then it went back to the 2nd owner (grandpa) about 15 years ago.
Anyway, brakes check out good. Carb got rebuilt and will run on a bottle. Distributor weights got freed up. Oil got changed. New fuel tank, pump, and lines should be here next week.
It's likely that I won't really have much involvement in this one.
That's ok. Keep the story time going. It's entertaining. What happened to that engine compartment you were detailing? Did you sell that little wagon?

Reactions: 1 user

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
No, I got busy with work and rolled it in the corner for this next winter. My job can be feast or famine so I'm going to accept every project they offer.
The rear hatch is done. The engine is all resealed and detailed. I did the rust repair on the rail and shaved the battery tray. Then I started the smoothing and sanding right before I quit.
20190521_134649.jpg
20190315_142619.jpg
20190217_160421.jpg

• Winner
Reactions: 5 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor