someone should have told him not to fill up those tires with helium .... :lol:

and Phoenyx...ain't nothing wrong laughing at these idiots... :blam:[/q
" You Can't Fix Stupid "

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
Qdub,
I can't believe this is still going... save yourself a headache, and realize that "DONK" has become a generic term. Like someone posted earlier, he'd seen a lifted vic with "donk" on it, so even the people driving them don't even understand the terminology....

See it this way: Say you meet a female that you want to get to know better, you ask her if she'd like to get some coffee... now, this is where the generic version of "DONK" comes in... You don't ask her if she'd like to get some folgers or maxwell house, or even (god forbid a man ask this) a double mocha latte with lowfat milk.... IT'S A GENERIC TERM!

learn to deal with the fact you can't reach everyone... if you've taught a few people the understanding of the terminology, and they pass that knowledge on, you've accomplished your goal, and move on to something else...

I'm on your side, I may not like the bigwheel look, but I respect it enough to give the guys props for their work and keep my ugly opinions to myself- cause they may not like the style I choose to ride, but they keep their opinions to themselves as well...

BlackRegalHN

Apprentice
Oct 5, 2010
I'm going to school all off you:
DONK is actually derived from the Ancient Sumarian word Dnc.

It means Do Not Care.

Qdub24

Royal Smart Person
Sep 6, 2006
Columbus, GA
This is just for you, Randy W

Qdub24 said:
I'm tired of explaining and arguing with people over the definition of the word "donk". So here are pics of exactly what the word stands for:

1971 2dr Caprice
chevrolet-impala-1971-1.jpg

1971 4dr Caprice
chevrolet-impala-1971-2.jpg

1971 convertible Impala (aka "Vert")
1971-chevrolet-impala-pic-932.jpeg

1972 2dr Impala
1972_impala.jpg

1972 2dr Caprice
72caprice.jpg

1973 2dr Caprice
180.jpg

1973 2dr Impala
1973_Impala.jpg

1974 2dr Caprice
1974caprice.jpg

1974 Impala convertible (aka "Vert")
haysimpala.jpg

1975 2dr Caprice
53218336_pr.jpg

1975 2dr Impala
1975-chevrolet-impala-pic-42658.jpeg

1976 2dr Caprice
1976capriceclassic.jpg

1976 2dr Impala
1976-chevrolet-impala-smile.jpg

1976-chevrolet-impala-i-like-big-butts.jpg

All of the above are Donks, 1971-1976 Chevrolet Caprices & Impalas ONLY. You may have noticed that none of them are on big wheels. That's because the wheels have nothing to do with the term "donk"; it's a nickname for those specific vehicles. Now that I have given this class, hopefully you will take this knowledge that I've dropped on you today and share it w/those who can't read.

patmckinneyracing

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2009
San Antonio, TX
Can't believe this topic is still going. The definition of "Donk" in today's society has expanded its meaning. Qdub, you're right because it used to be only the big body caprices and impalas of the 70's that got the term "Donk". But nowadays, since big wheels are poppin up under every car on the market, people have created subcategories. That and most people don't know the origins of the term, so yes in a way it has become a generic term. There are g-body donks, a-body, suburbans, ricers, sh*t I can't keep going because I've seen big wheels on a lot of cars that shouldn't have been there.

And one other question......why the hell is it in almost all of these modern day pics of big wheeled cars is there a group of black guys standing around? Just the other day, me and a buddy were out cruising and we saw this big wheeled cadillac, and he said " I bet you $20 its a black guy ". Luckily I didn't accept the bet cause I was thinking the same thing. Same goes with hispanics, little wide wheels or lowriders. I'd like to know where the origins and stereotypes came from that started all this.

I live in san antonio, and there is a mix of white, black, and mexican, and its become easy to tell who is driving what.

Randy_W

G-Body Guru
Oct 16, 2005
Eastern Shore
You ain't positing it for me, I couldn't care less if I was paid to. In today's world a donk is what people perceive to be, and that is a car with giant clown wheels on it. Perception is reality. :wink:

Randy_W

G-Body Guru
Oct 16, 2005
Eastern Shore
but they were aware of the misinformation and quit producing the Donk, Box, & Bubble mag after that issue.
Actually, it was absorbed into Rides, which they somehow managed to spell without a 'Z', thankfully.
The technical name for Donks is High Riser, though I don't know a soul that says that. Please enjoy your "high riser", and don't tell other people their idea is ugly and this will be avoided. But if you can't hold it, don't dish it. :wink:

Qdub24

Royal Smart Person
Sep 6, 2006
Columbus, GA
pontiacgp said:
qdub....why are you so infatuated with being right..you must be related to my ex wife... :wtf:

I could be, what's her name?

I like to debate issues I'm knowledgeable about; it's all I do at work all day. The Donk, Box, & Bubble mag is still around. A new issue comes out next month.

http://www.rides-mag.com/donk/2011/02/d ... e-is-back/

http://vimeo.com/20068839

SITETEASER-464x287.jpg

The meaning of the term hasn't changed, American people are just becoming dumber because states keep cutting money from their education budgets.

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
I love them old impalas and caprices . . . you know without gaudy rims! :twisted:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor