Exactly what a Donk is (with pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
Q-dub
I apperciate that you're tryin to teach what is/what's not a donk/box/bubble, but there's always going to be that crowd that knows better,and that doesn't want to listen... my first car was a donk glasshouse, I 60% restored my buddy's 84 box(with 56k original miles), and have owned 2 bubbles(think I remember you from NAISSO, I was GR8WHTWHALE)... I also don't care for the big wheel look, but keep my comments to myself, so you won't hear me throw in any insults...

however...

you did mislabel a few pics... the red 74 vert, is actually a 72- and the blue 76 4dr with the guy's face as a wheel, is actualy a 74... sorry, had to thow that in! :mrgreen:

deerhunter

Apprentice
Mar 11, 2010
Summerville, SC
Dude, there's always gonna be people who talk sh*t. Cars with giant rims aren't my taste or style, but I can respect that these guys that do the work themselves are doing something productive and something that is meaningful to them. I seen a car with giant 26" rims smokin his tires all day, with an LS conversion, and it was clean as ****, so I can appreciate the time and effort. I think people are just afraid of the unknown, I used to hate lo los and think they were awful, but now I wouldn't mind rollin on 13's in my elco, but different taste. I think haters need to step back and say "**** it, your style, not mine" and respect their interests. **** IT. A mod is a mod is a mod, whether for horsepower, for laying frame, or reachin for the sky. **** it. Mod on brothas

Phoenyx

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
Alberta, Canada
And all you 'big rim' people need to stop complaining about others making fun of your car. Try having a 4-door, then see how many people make fun of you (I should know lol). :D

Qdub24

Royal Smart Person
Sep 6, 2006
Columbus, GA
Phoenyx said:
And all you 'big rim' people need to stop complaining about others making fun of your car. Try having a 4-door, then see how many people make fun of you (I should know lol). :D

I've had several sedans, and no one made fun of those (in my presence).

Phoenyx

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
Alberta, Canada
I get quite a few that say a 4-door is a waste of money. But I think my car looks pretty damn good for a 4-door.

26087_379219406422_554071422_4209249_4398517_n.jpg

26087_379219446422_554071422_4209256_169949_n.jpg

Plus when my 355 is installed, they can all laugh at my tail lights lol.

kyhunter89

Greasemonkey
Jul 27, 2007
KY
You keep saying we don't get it... I dont care if you take 72 impala and put it on 54" rims, its your car...

the word Donk has morphed from Donkey, supposed from the impala symbol, and morphed into meaning cars lifted, on big wheels, with flashy paint. Im not saying what your car is, but you are not going to tell me what i can and can not call it.

Qdub24

Royal Smart Person
Sep 6, 2006
Columbus, GA
kyhunter89 said:
You keep saying we don't get it... I dont care if you take 72 impala and put it on 54" rims, its your car...

the word Donk has morphed from Donkey, supposed from the impala symbol, and morphed into meaning cars lifted, on big wheels, with flashy paint. Im not saying what your car is, but you are not going to tell me what i can and can not call it.

I was trying to let sleeping dogs lie, but.....

default.png

l_5c1f9a46af764b9f907b0d5b6e7399ba.jpg

Qdub24 said:
I'm tired of explaining and arguing with people over the definition of the word "donk". So here are pics of exactly what the word stands for:

1971 2dr Caprice
chevrolet-impala-1971-1.jpg

1971 4dr Caprice
chevrolet-impala-1971-2.jpg

1971 convertible Impala (aka "Vert")
1971-chevrolet-impala-pic-932.jpeg

1972 2dr Impala
1972_impala.jpg

1972 2dr Caprice
72caprice.jpg

1973 2dr Caprice
180.jpg

1973 2dr Impala
1973_Impala.jpg

1974 2dr Caprice
1974caprice.jpg

1974 Impala convertible (aka "Vert")
haysimpala.jpg

1975 2dr Caprice
53218336_pr.jpg

1975 2dr Impala
1975-chevrolet-impala-pic-42658.jpeg

1976 2dr Caprice
1976capriceclassic.jpg

1976 2dr Impala
1976-chevrolet-impala-smile.jpg

1976-chevrolet-impala-i-like-big-butts.jpg

All of the above are Donks, 1971-1976 Chevrolet Caprices & Impalas ONLY. You may have noticed that none of them are on big wheels. That's because the wheels have nothing to do with the term "donk"; it's a nickname for those specific vehicles. Now that I have given this class, hopefully you will take this knowledge that I've dropped on you today and share it w/those who can't read.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Donk
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Donk may refer to:

* Donk Hill Bourne rugby legend
* Ryan Donk (born 1986), Dutch footballer
* Marinus Anton Donk, Dutch mycologist (author abbreviation Donk)
* Donk, a village in the municipality of Herk-de-Stad, province of Limburg, Belgium
* Penclawdd RFC in Wales, nicknamed "The Donks"
* "Donk" (song), by Soulja Boy Tell 'Em
* A sub-genre of house music, also known as bouncy house; also a percussion sound used in this genre
* Another term for a Hi-Riser, a type of customized automobile
* A character in the movie "Crocodile" Dundee and its sequels
* Donk!, a video game

URBAN DICTIONARY...

2. donk

Any POS late 80's or early 90's American heap (preferably an Impala) that has large enough wheels installed until it resembles (and rides and handles like) a Conestoga wagon. This is done so it sits up high enough so as to be at the same eye level as the Playas with real juice ridin in their Escalades. Adding in a bad candy paint job and Wal-Mart sub box completes the transformation. With no money left over for necessary suspension and brake upgrades, the lifespan is limited to a few drug runs or the first Police chase, whichever occurs first.

images

Qdub24

Royal Smart Person
Sep 6, 2006
Columbus, GA
pontiacgp said:
Donk
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Donk may refer to:

* Donk Hill Bourne rugby legend
* Ryan Donk (born 1986), Dutch footballer
* Marinus Anton Donk, Dutch mycologist (author abbreviation Donk)
* Donk, a village in the municipality of Herk-de-Stad, province of Limburg, Belgium
* Penclawdd RFC in Wales, nicknamed "The Donks"
* "Donk" (song), by Soulja Boy Tell 'Em
* A sub-genre of house music, also known as bouncy house; also a percussion sound used in this genre
* Another term for a Hi-Riser, a type of customized automobile
* A character in the movie "Crocodile" Dundee and its sequels
* Donk!, a video game

URBAN DICTIONARY...

2. donk

Any POS late 80's or early 90's American heap (preferably an Impala) that has large enough wheels installed until it resembles (and rides and handles like) a Conestoga wagon. This is done so it sits up high enough so as to be at the same eye level as the Playas with real juice ridin in their Escalades. Adding in a bad candy paint job and Wal-Mart sub box completes the transformation. With no money left over for necessary suspension and brake upgrades, the lifespan is limited to a few drug runs or the first Police chase, whichever occurs first.

Anybody can make changes to info on Wikipedia. And urban dictionary is a joke in itself. Why can't yall just accept the fact that yall's definitons of the term in relation to automobiles is completely incorrect?

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
so here's what we have...Qdub trying to educate us what a donk is when it's all over the internet he's wrong...so who are we to believe.....sorry Qdub but I think you lose

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor