Exactly what a Donk is (with pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
pontiacgp said:
so here's what we have...Qdub trying to educate us what a donk is when it's all over the internet he's wrong...so who are we to believe.....sorry Qdub but I think you lose

All over the internet, but it's all incorrect information. So if it was all over the internet that the '81-'88 Chevy Celebritys were all G-bodies would you believe that too?

a donk donk

Ok i think i may be able to help. What QDub is saying is correct, the word donk came from those impalas and caprices because the antelope emblem looked like a donkey. These were some of the first cars to be lifted with large rims, so the name donk slowly got applied to all other vehicles of this type. So if you want to be technical all the cars QDub displayed are the originators of the word donk. While the name has simply been applied to other vehicles mostly out of what can only be called sheer ignorance of the word just like people who use ipod in reference to any mp3 player. There was an entire article about it in an issue of "Donk Box & Bubble" magazine.

Bigg oskee said:
Ok i think i may be able to help. What QDub is saying is correct, the word donk came from those impalas and caprices because the antelope emblem looked like a donkey. These were some of the first cars to be lifted with large rims, so the name donk slowly got applied to all other vehicles of this type. So if you want to be technical all the cars QDub displayed are the originators of the word donk. While the name has simply been applied to other vehicles mostly out of what can only be called sheer ignorance of the word just like people who use ipod in reference to any mp3 player. There was an entire article about it in an issue of "Donk Box & Bubble" magazine.

x2

Thank you Bigg oskee!

I don't really care what a "donk" is, I just want to know where the name came from, and what it means. Is it short for "donkey" maybe, which could be misconstrued as a "jackass"? I liked the pics, and it was a great explanation, but what the hell does it stand for? Sorry, I'm old, and maybe I just missed something. ...............mickey-d 🙁 :shock: :wtf:

mickey-d said:
I don't really care what a "donk" is, I just want to know where the name came from, and what it means. Is it short for "donkey" maybe, which could be misconstrued as a "jackass"? I liked the pics, and it was a great explanation, but what the hell does it stand for? Sorry, I'm old, and maybe I just missed something. ...............mickey-d 🙁 :shock: :wtf:

breeaad said:
The term Donk comes from the fact that the Impala logo on these year cars resembles a donkey.

That seems like the most logical answer to me. Maybe the guys over at http://www.kingofthestreet.com/forums/index.php or http://www.stuntworldusamessageboard.com/?forum=138682 can answer the question for you.

Qdub24 said:
pontiacgp said:
so here's what we have...Qdub trying to educate us what a donk is when it's all over the internet he's wrong...so who are we to believe.....sorry Qdub but I think you lose

All over the internet, but it's all incorrect information. So if it was all over the internet that the '81-'88 Chevy Celebritys were all G-bodies would you believe that too?

so all the info on the internet is wrong according to you....ya right...
lol-045.gif

pontiacgp said:
Qdub24 said:
pontiacgp said:

so all the info on the internet is wrong according to you....ya right...
lol-045.gif

Actually, a great deal of it is. :blam:

you can't seem to comprehend that definitions can change over time...BTW the earth isn't flat in case you were wondering

pontiacgp said:
you can't seem to comprehend that definitions can change over time...BTW the earth isn't flat in case you were wondering

No duh, but Pluto's still a planet according to what I learned my freshman year of college in 2005. You can't seem to comprehend what someone tells you with graphics and pics. I guess you'll never work in managment & marketing for a Fortune 500 corporation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor