Exterior Paint Identification

Status
Not open for further replies.

82355supreme

Greasemonkey
May 16, 2006
Wisconsin
86-blk442 said:
I just question what it means because as you can see from my picture its right in line with the paint codes, and could my tag possibly be wrong with the 19L code?

It could also be a misc. RPO code too. Look for a 12m code in the trunk label codes.

86-blk442

G-Body Guru
Dec 2, 2008
West Seneca, New York
I dont have the trunk sticker someone got rid of it before i bought the car... Oh well i guess its time to call GM heritage and complete that order I placed haha. It cant hurt to get all the details on the car anyways since all i have are the vin and the cowl tag. Oh and its not listed on the site with all the RPO codes.... damn

82355supreme

Greasemonkey
May 16, 2006
Wisconsin
86-blk442 said:
I dont have the trunk sticker someone got rid of it before i bought the car... Oh well i guess its time to call GM heritage and complete that order I placed haha. It cant hurt to get all the details on the car anyways since all i have are the vin and the cowl tag. Oh and its not listed on the site with all the RPO codes.... damn

I did some digging on another site. It's the middle paint code. 12M is Silver Metallic. And the 19L is ignored if a middle code is selected.

Yeah for ME!!! You can buy me a virtual beer. LOL!!

http://www.gnttype.org/numbers/rpo.html

81Cutty

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 11, 2009
Washington State
I think that 68L is actually a 63L.

63L : SECONDARY COLOR, EXTERIOR, MED TAUPE MET (92)

It makes a lot more sense than the CINNAMON MET because there is no red on my car, lol. :D

dudeface

Master Mechanic
Aug 18, 2008
calgary alberta canada
86-blk442 said:
I have a question about colors for my car, I have a 1986 442 and my cowl tag reads 19L, 12M, and 19U. I know that the 19U and 19L are the codes for lamp black upper and lower but what does the 12M mean? Also shouldnt the paint code for my lower color be different since the 442's came with silver on the bottom and not black like my cowl tag is saying???
Also I take it the 442 stamoed in there means the car is a 442 but shouldnt that code be W42?

IMG_0215.jpg

t tops i see..............cc1

86-blk442

G-Body Guru
Dec 2, 2008
West Seneca, New York
Ah ok thanks for clairfying the 12M, and dudeface this is true about the t tops haha. It does have them, but they are rotted around the corners of the windshield, anyone have any ideas on fixing them haha?

dudeface

Master Mechanic
Aug 18, 2008
calgary alberta canada
complete t top replacement kit for fixing your t tops, they sell these in seperate parts if you can salvage some pieces. these replacements are STAINLESS STEEL POWDER COATED......not steel and paint and will never rust again

http://www.gbodyparts.com/product_info. ... 6420acfd9e

peace

Attachments

• sensor.jpg
    sensor.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 186
  • sensor 2.jpg
    sensor 2.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 170

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
86-blk442 said:
Also I take it the 442 stamoed in there means the car is a 442 but shouldnt that code be W42?

IMG_0215.jpg

The RPO label will read W42, but the cowl tag should read 442.
Now, the '83-'84 Hurst/Olds' (RPO W40), say W40 on the cowl tag.

At least you have a cowl tag... A big batch of early '85 442's never got them, and mine's one of them... :cry:

86-blk442

G-Body Guru
Dec 2, 2008
West Seneca, New York
Ah i see, well my car is a 1986. I have no idea when it was built however, someone managed to destroy all my stickers. And to the t top kit, I already have all the replacement stainless steel parts, as well as an absolute ton of other parts from there. ( I love G-Body Parts.com :D ) my real problem is the actual structure underneath is rotted and thats what is really holding me back from getting this thing done and on the road :cry:
Im pretty stumped on what to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor