F-Body Cutlass (well not really)

Status
Not open for further replies.

canucksfan1

Apprentice
Jun 8, 2008
Not sure if anyone has done anything like this before but i had the front piece of a camaro lying around and decided why not see if i can make it fit my cutlass. It is not done by any means and will have to find a way to get the lights in and stuff but i think it looks kinda neat. Can't get that great of pics yet cuz the g.f has the camera so i took some with my phone.

It definatly wouldn't be steetable because there was no way i could get it to fit without removing the bumper but this car is going to be my drag car anyway so who cares. I will either have to cut a piece of sheet metal to fill the front or narrow a the fiberglass camaro hood i have to make it fit (which i really don't want to do as it has the functional hood scoops and everything but hey it was free)

Anyway i dont know how to upload pics but i will give some lnks to the pics http://gbodyforum.com/photos/displayimage-292-8.html
http://gbodyforum.com/photos/displayimage-292-9.html
check em out and let me know what you think and if it would be worth finishing!!!

custom442

Royal Smart Person
Jul 4, 2008
Houston
That's some good stuff if you can make it work :) Too bad it wouldn't be a street car so you could confuse some people.

canucksfan1

Apprentice
Jun 8, 2008
I should be able to make it work just take a little bit of time. The body lives won't quite be perfect but i will make it look good. I think i may be able to fine a way to get the bumper back on and make it street legal which would be pretty sweet. No one would know what the hell it was i was driving! I also have the larger 3rd gen camaro spoiler that i am gunna bolt onto the trunk. It should look different for sure (and if i don't like it who cares its a race car and i can alwayschange it back)

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
right click on the picture in it's expanded form. Select properties. Copy the text for the location, and put it between

canucksfan1

Apprentice
Jun 8, 2008
lets see if this works
C080408_1215_01.jpg

C080408_1218_00.jpg

well i guess it did allthough they are a little big (sorry) it looks better when i get a few bolts in to help hold it in line, so the body lines aren't so dramatically different. ( and thanks for the info on posting pics)

Vern

Master Mechanic
Jul 23, 2007
Dayton, OH
I like it I would like to see you do it.

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
I don't think it is gonna work. The F body is much wider than the G body, and the body lines are different too. I think Crystallite engineering in the 80's or 90's offered a front end to do this to a Monte Carlo, so you may wish to look for one of those. I think they are now called Lauren Engineering.

78MC-BBC

Master Mechanic
Jan 29, 2008
actually thats not too bad looking, you can buy that nose kit from Lauren Enginnering

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor