Factory 78+ Light Blue Interior

Status
Not open for further replies.

zdeckich

Master Mechanic
Jun 23, 2013
Fort Worth, TX
Looking for factory light blue interior pics for a 79-80ish Malibu. My 78 wagon is factory light blue, but the door panels are 3 different shades of blue. And didn't know if its factory like that or just horribly faded. I plan to start restoring the interior soon but want to see how it looks from the factory. If you have any pics please post them. Thanks.

O. D. Showtime

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 6, 2009
Regina Sask. Canada
Should be all one color....

4xxJdI.jpg

Wwqg7F.jpg

Although not the greatest pic I think the image in the upper right is the light blue for 78....this is from the dealer brochure.

78malibu4.jpg

Reactions: 3 users

zdeckich

Master Mechanic
Jun 23, 2013
Fort Worth, TX
Thank you so much!

zdeckich

Master Mechanic
Jun 23, 2013
Fort Worth, TX
Anyone else have any pics? Dont seem to see to many in this color. I just ordered some paint from DixieResto so we will see how it turns out

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
The light blue was 78/79 only in Malibu. There used to be a LOT of them, but most people that are doing these cars now go to an easier color like black.

BTW, we always called it "leisure suit blue" back in the day lol

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
My Cutlass has that light blue interior. My door panels are tritone as well. I think they just age/fade that way. I'm planning to have the upper upholstery and carpet professionally cleaned and re dye the rest with SEM.

Reactions: 1 users

79 USA 1

Royal Smart Person
Sep 2, 2011
Cheektowaga, New York
These are pictures from my 13,000 mile 79 Monte Carlo. The vinyl in the door panels as well as the seats have marble appearance to it while the plastics are all pretty much the same shade of blue.
The "B" pillars have some oxidation to white due to sunlight but the interior on a whole is the same shade of blue.
P1011967.JPG P1011968.JPG

Hope this helps!
Bob S.

78 Cutlass

n00b
May 26, 2015
Dixierestorationdepot.com has the Lt blue paint, A and b pillars also. Just got all the above from them. The Lt blue paint is like 20$ a can and a pint is $60.00.. Outrageous, but don't have much choice. Lt blue interiors look awesome, but hard to find parts for. We have a 78 Cutlass Calais w/29,000 miles, came from AZ, most interior plastic just crumbled. But got a,and b pillars they painted looks great, also got Lt blue carpet from them, haven't put it in yet, but looks great. Headliner should come tomorrow, 2.5 months to get it. Light blue with a MAP light is very, very rare, and had to be custom made..

78 Cutlass

n00b
May 26, 2015
Dixierestorationdepot.com has the Lt blue paint, A and b pillars also. Just got all the above from them. The Lt blue paint is like 20$ a can and a pint is $60.00.. Outrageous, but don't have much choice. Lt blue interiors look awesome, but hard to find parts for. We have a 78 Cutlass Calais w/29,000 miles, came from AZ, most interior plastic just crumbled. But got a,and b pillars they painted looks great, also got Lt blue carpet from them, haven't put it in yet, but looks great. Headliner should come tomorrow, 2.5 months to get it. Light blue with a MAP light is very, very rare, and had to be custom made..

zdeckich

Master Mechanic
Jun 23, 2013
Fort Worth, TX
Ok cool. yea i just bought the paint a few days ago from them. Was $56 for 2 cans. Im about to order the dash cover and carpet.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor