Factory 78+ Light Blue Interior

Status
Not open for further replies.

sportriderOK

Greasemonkey
Mar 3, 2016
Mannford, OK
I have either replaced or redyed nearly every piece of my Light blue Monte Carlo interior with parts and paint from Dixie, and it looks great. The paint is expensive, but it flows beautifully and is an exact match. I had to use Malibu patterned seat covers, but they look good and match the original color perfectly. You will be happy with the results!

Reactions: 2 users

zdeckich

Master Mechanic
Jun 23, 2013
Fort Worth, TX
I have either replaced or redyed nearly every piece of my Light blue Monte Carlo interior with parts and paint from Dixie, and it looks great. The paint is expensive, but it flows beautifully and is an exact match. I had to use Malibu patterned seat covers, but they look good and match the original color perfectly. You will be happy with the results!

Did you use the paint on any vinyl pates? like upper door panels? Also have any pics of the interior? id love to see it.

78chevolds

Greasemonkey
Jun 25, 2013
I am interested in pictures after the re-dye. SEM does not make the exact color match.

sportriderOK

Greasemonkey
Mar 3, 2016
Mannford, OK
The door panels and rear panel inserts were in good enough shape I decided not to dye them. I didn't want to risk ruining the mylar trim like I did on my Vega. But I went from tan to dark blue on my Vega and it worked well and has held up fine. I have pics on my phone, I will see if my tech guru here at work can help me post them. The seats are still at the upholstery shop, but I have the side panels, headliner, dash and a pillars in.

Reactions: 1 users

Steveshow

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 13, 2015
I have a 79 Malibu Classic that was originally pastel blue with this same light blue interior. I have owned it since 1997. The dash, like most was cracked from heat. I lucked into a perfect dark blue monte carlo dash, along with the MC bucket seats and rear seat, so unfortunately, the light blue interior is a thing of the past. (I was living in an apartment at the time, so the cracked light blue dash and worn out 60/40 vinyl bench went in the dumpster, along with a decent rear vinyl seat. I dyed the upper door panels dark blue, and used the dark blue mc lowers. I just recently purchased the depot rear window moldings and painted them myself with their dark blue paint. Funny thing is I still have the pastel blue headliner. Kinda disco.

Reactions: 1 user
Jul 28, 2017
My car has the light blue interior and some really rough plastic. I'm thinking about changing over to black.

zdeckich

Master Mechanic
Jun 23, 2013
Fort Worth, TX
Was thinking the same but i kinda like the blue, just because you dont see it very often.

Jul 28, 2017
oh yeah I like the blue too but it's hard to find and match. I need to replace quite a few pieces.

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
I am interested in pictures after the re-dye. SEM does not make the exact color match.

You need to have it mixed and spray it out of a gun.. I resprayed my friends 79 Camaro panels in that same color. Rear panels, kick panels, all the headliner trim, all the seat trim. The dash is original but I had to spray the console lid and the color code for that stuff is different.
11254104_10207062636671452_8938307923636371861_n.jpg

Reactions: 3 users

zdeckich

Master Mechanic
Jun 23, 2013
Fort Worth, TX
oh yeah I like the blue too but it's hard to find and match. I need to replace quite a few pieces.

I need to replace alot of trim to, but Dixie sells the color paint in a spray can and by the pint. i bought 2 spray cans for now to see how it goes. Im also going to be buying the dash cap from them thats sprayed in the same color so all should match. All my trim panels in the interior needs to be resprayed. Rather have it that way anyways so everything matches.

https://www.dixierestorationdepot.com/Product/Detail.aspx?s=DM00182 MEDLTBLUE&d=464&p=1

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor