Factory A/C Delete

Status
Not open for further replies.

scoti

Royal Smart Person
Sep 5, 2019
Texas
just bought this montecarlo it has the factory delete plates on the dash and the firewall. do any of you have a parts car that you have a A/C box etc. so that i can look in to putting it in to this car. I live in the SW and no A/C is not going to be fun when i paint it black. even white gets hot enough to melt you here! but i have to say it was interasting to see this as i have never seen one in person before this.
i have seen the harness for like 40.0 so that's easy to find in comparison to the rest. i have found 1 of the A/C factory set up. because i just bought the car and nothing has been done i have time for it lol. but would like to change it over. i did see one factory delete set up and the guy wants 500.00 for it, was hoping that's not the case for it going the other way. this is the factory no A/C set up. just gives a place for the fan motor and the heater core. then on the dash the vents are blocked off in the gauges pod and the passenger side of the dash close to the windows. so not thinking that would be to hard to plum the duct work in.
Where in the SW are you?

MurderMonte

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 8, 2021
Ah, the way you described it, I thought you had a "delete cover" meaning everything was deleted on the firewall and the head controls in the interior were blanked off. So what you have is the standard Heat/Defroster from the factory if you didn't check the box for air conditioning. W/O C60.

On the same page now. Also, it appears the non-A/C inlet screen on the passenger side top under the windshield bottom trim will need to be snagged from the A/C car as well as the housing stuff. Unfortunately, the heater core is different, so you'll need an A/C style heater core.
ok, well that helps allot. at this point i didn't have one for reference. as for a actual factory delete car as far as i know you could not get those after like the 60's because they were a Osha thing for those who drove in them daily. kind of like now for A/c in some states. its a required feature in the fleet trucks etc. for the same reason. i knew i would need controls didn't think of the cowl screen. the box as far as i know are the same for both cars other then the one having the A/c provisions molded in to it also. so knew it was changed. and the condenser etc. heater core being different was a good thing to know also. ill have to look and see what i can come up with for that.

81Regal

Royal Smart Person
Apr 5, 2009
Terril Iowa
Most people overlook the glovebox is different also. Non A/C cars have a shallower glovebox than the A/C cars.

• Agree
  • Informative
Reactions: 3 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
I've never found a complete heat only setup. I'd pay for one. And to make you not feel good - I've gutted two cars (one last month) of all of the factory A/C garbage and chucked most all of it because no one will buy it.
I'd guess if you hunted around then you could find a complete setup on the cheap - just have to wait.

Reactions: 1 user

PBGBodyFan

G-Body Guru
Mar 3, 2009
Wisconsin
I've never found a complete heat only setup. I'd pay for one. And to make you not feel good - I've gutted two cars (one last month) of all of the factory A/C garbage and chucked most all of it because no one will buy it.
I'd guess if you hunted around then you could find a complete setup on the cheap - just have to wait.

I've found decent demand for the factory AC stuff. Any parts car I've had the box and components sell, sometimes quick, sometimes it takes awhile and I'm in WI where you might only need it a few months a year, most guys aren't driving their cars more than 6-7 months a year up here anyways :D. So many have been hacked or gutted and enough guys want it back in it seems. I finally kept the last one I had as a spare in my personal stash, just in case. Sold a couple to Mike's Monte's too, he buys them so he must see enough interest in them. Years ago it seemed people removed and chucked them out all the time.

DPF 84 Hurst

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 2, 2020
just bought this montecarlo it has the factory delete plates on the dash and the firewall. do any of you have a parts car that you have a A/C box etc. so that i can look in to putting it in to this car. I live in the SW and no A/C is not going to be fun when i paint it black. even white gets hot enough to melt you here! but i have to say it was interasting to see this as i have never seen one in person before this.
Hi I have 2 ... one I’m restoring and the other I was going to restore (it has a crack in the lower fiberglass) it will probably need the vacuum actuator
not sure if my phone sent last reply ... screen went blank
anyway. I have 2. The one I’m not keeping has a crack in fiberglass... I was going to fix/restore and /sell. Needs 1 vacuum actuator and of course the gaskets if you want to restore it yourself. My email is [email protected] if your interested or call /text 6038184642

MurderMonte

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 8, 2021

butch1024

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 25, 2018
MA
Just a suggestion, give Malibu Bob a call on 1-317-361-6995. He is located in Speedway, Indiana. He has a ton of G-body parts.I have bought a lot of parts for my 1980 Malibu from him.
His prices are reasonable and he knows his G-body stuff. Hope this helps.
I am in Western Ma. and I traded my A/C parts from my Malibu for a non-a/c parts heater set up. I am looking for the wiring connecting from the dash control to the connector that
comes through the firewall under the far right passenger side. The plus side of having heater only is there are no vacuum lines to deal with, but I understand it is tough to when the
weather is so hot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor