factory intake?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hdheritage1

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 10, 2007
east central iowa
got a tbi 350 from a 88 gmc 4x4 that i want carburated. what factory intake is out there to complete this. dont want to spend money on aftermarket cuz its my daughters first car. just want something reliable for her.plus want to save the big money for MY future project. any help let me know

82355supreme

Greasemonkey
May 16, 2006
Wisconsin
Maybe, a big maybe, that an intake from a 87-88 Monte SS would work. Just as you stated, it's TBI & the Monte is the only carbed V-8 Chevy had by then.

ss4ever

Greasemonkey
Jan 4, 2006
Shelbina, Missouri
Yup an intake from an 87-88 Monte Carlo 305(either LS or SS) will have the correct intake for you. The bad thing is that it is doubtfull that your block is ready for a mechanical fuel pump.

Randy

hdheritage1

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 10, 2007
east central iowa
thanx for the info,keep in mind i want to scrap all the computer and go old school. ill check the fuel pump location to find out. otherwise would an inline pump work with a regulator if needed.nice monte wish i still had my 85

BB Olds

Apprentice
Feb 18, 2007
Wi.
hdheritage1 said:
thanx for the info,keep in mind i want to scrap all the computer and go old school. ill check the fuel pump location to find out. otherwise would an inline pump work with a regulator if needed.nice monte wish i still had my 85
yes it will work just fine

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
you might want to take a look at the angle of the two center bolts compared to the two bolts at either end of the intake. I have a 305 and the center bolts in the heads are about half the angle of the outside bolts.

ONE EYE

Greasemonkey
Aug 24, 2006
in front of the computer...
87-88 G bodies had centerbolt heads same as the trucks. they are ready for mechanical fuel pumps all you need to do is take the block off plate off and get a fuel pump pushrod.

4x4 trucks were also 4 bolt main as were HD, 3/4 ton, and 1 tons. also 4x4's had a windage tray. :D
you can actually lift the truck engine out with the horseshoe accessory bracket and drop it into the car so that you have all newer (and easier to find) parts and you will only need ONE belt when it wears out. PLUS (dont get me wrong, its a guess) your daughter may not be the fairer sexed greasemonkey. and if its serpentine she can change the belt easier by her self and not have to worry about getting screwed for a simple part.

hdheritage1

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 10, 2007
east central iowa
thanx for all the input,it should help alot ill check the intake and then start hunting salvage yards and alleys for a donor.as for my daughter aint nothin wrong with knowin how to turn a wrench,she seems to be up for it ,we'll see how long it lasts.she is 13 and likes to help change oil .dont want her to be 20 yrs old and callin me from a gas station 20 miles away for me to pump her gas cuz she dont know how :wink: any way thanx again.hope i didnt ramble too much

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor