Fast and Furious 4 ... now with GNX

Status
Not open for further replies.

STLRegal

G-Body Guru
Jun 22, 2007
St.Louis
Here it is, unfortunatly it gets wrecked. But hey, maybe it'll make our cars more popular and create a larger aftermarket.
3073924_367_full.jpg

3073924_368_full.jpg

ETA: ON a second look it looks just like a regular regal as it doesnt have the bulge in the hood.

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
In that pic, it looks to be a standard Regal with the port holes added to the fender, and the spoiler to the deck. It does not have a turbo hood on it, and is missing the fender flares that would be present on a real GNX.

Peter

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
MA
im personally glad they are just using regals, it shows that they do care about the well-being of a classic and wrecking a bunch of GN's would be wrong

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
fryer1979 said:
joe_padavano said:
85 Cutlass Brougham said:
The driving in the 3rd one made it bearable to watch, but it sucks that they ruined that 67 or 68 Mustang fastback. the cool thing was that they actually did make the RB26DETT from a Nissan Skyline actually run in the Mustang-it wasn't just a non-functional prop. It was cool to me because a RB powered Rambler American is one of my darkest fantasies...

Actually, they ruined about SIX Mustangs to make that movie. The driving sequences were shot with a small-block Ford powered car.

Well, there are a couple problems here, (sorry guys, I know, "the noob" thing). The engine reffered to that was shown in the mustang was a SR20DET, not the skyline motor. Look carefully at the car in the first drift racing sequenses, Nissan 240zx, or in Japan; the 180. Also pause anytime they show the engine; 4 cylinders, the Skyline motor is a 6.
Secondly there was an artical posted in a few notable automotive magazines that state that the SR20 was only in the car for photo shoots, they couldn't make it work properly. The driven car was powered by a 390FE engine, big block. I should say "cars" because they did admit to smashing up a few. Don't mean to be a pain in the *ss, but I have been a mechanic for the past 12 years. And while my heart truely lies with the F-bodies and all american steel, one has to stay on top of the "popular" items to make good money. I could go on for hours about the things that are messed up with any of the movies, (that's why my wife doesn't let me see them in the theaters).
I am however looking forward to another one, it would be great to see more American muscle, and hopefully they don't scrap it all!

The thing is, Hot Rod Magazine had the actual car and yes, it did have the RB in it, not an SR. I know the difference when I see it, as I am a bit of a Nissan Geek, not just a Domestic guy. ( I have driven Nissans for 10 years) While it would be theoretically possible to visually confuse an RB with a CA18DET as they have a similar cam cover/ timing cover arrangement, an SR is not something I would mix up. I will see if I can find it tonight to verify, but I am 90% sure the car in the magazine had an RB in it.

hujass

Apprentice
Jun 24, 2008
N Dakota
STLRegal said:
better not wreck it. If there is one watch the price of all the regals go up.

Maybe Regal prices will skyrocket like that of the Supra after the first F&F movie. I'm kidding of course, but it would be nice. :lol:

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
i remember the mag article and it was a 6cyl skyline motor. of course this was long after the movie was made so they had plenty of time to make it work. i don't remember a driving test in the article either, so it may have just been bolted in and made pretty, but still useless. like most ricer crap.
how much power does a skyline have anyway? somehow i doubt you couldn't get the same out of a v8 ford motor that would drop right in.

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
Well, the RB26DETT ( RB series, 2.6 liter, DOHC, EFI Twin Turbo) was underrated at 280hp, but a few versions made 400hp stock ( Tommy Kaira comes to mind), and several have been pushed above 1,000 WHP on a stock bottom end-just like the Toyota 2JZGTTE. There is a reason the R32-34 GTR was nicknamed "Godzilla" in Japan.

87 t type

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 7, 2008
phila,pa
notice in the pic with the regal,there not stealing dvd's anymore,,there stealing tankers cause of how expensive it is now

Wake

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 8, 2008
How many other movies are there with grand nationals?

i can only think of one right now, but i swear i used to be abel to name a couple more.

the one i can recall is F/X 2, a really cheesy movie. But the bad guy has a beautiful gray T-Type.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor