FAST+FURIOUS+THE ROCK= I'll pass

Status
Not open for further replies.

postalrm88

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 26, 2010
Western NY
might go see it in the theater ,i think this one will be better cause it looks like more of a action movie then a ricer street racing movie,and yea the rock hasnt done anything good since he left the wwe thats when he was awsome,i didnt see faster but i didnt hear good things waiting for the dvd.and im still waiting to hear IF YA SMELLLLLLLLLL WHAT THE ROCK IS COOKIN one more time that would make me get interested in pro wrestling again.

454muscle

Royal Smart Person
Jan 31, 2010
Ontario, Canada eh!
postalrm88 said:
might go see it in the theater ,i think this one will be better cause it looks like more of a action movie then a ricer street racing movie,and yea the rock hasnt done anything good since he left the wwe thats when he was awsome,i didnt see faster but i didnt hear good things waiting for the dvd.and im still waiting to hear IF YA SMELLLLLLLLLL WHAT THE ROCK IS COOKIN one more time that would make me get interested in pro wrestling again.
I saw Faster. It is the first movie the Rock got to do, without having to "tone down" (as he did for all the Disney kiddy movies) and for faster, he was at his heaviest at 275 lbs ripped. The movie was very well produced, however, his character as being the younger weaker brother who was helpless as his older bro got shot and crying for mercy was kinda out of his character. Other than that, it was a great movie. And guess what, the website isn't bad either, look: http://fasterthemovie.com/ ;)

beermonkey9417

Royal Smart Person
Apr 8, 2007
des plaines, il
some movies are only worth watching when there free on cable...

beermonkey9417

Royal Smart Person
Apr 8, 2007
des plaines, il
454muscle said:
postalrm88 said:
I saw Faster. It is the first movie the Rock got to do, without having to "tone down" (as he did for all the Disney kiddy movies) and for faster, he was at his heaviest at 275 lbs ripped. The movie was very well produced, however, his character as being the younger weaker brother who was helpless as his older bro got shot and crying for mercy was kinda out of his character. Other than that, it was a great movie. And guess what, the website isn't bad either, look: http://fasterthemovie.com/;)

i think someones got a crush... :rofl:

307 Regal

Royal Smart Person
Oct 21, 2009
Northern Indiana
Well honestly I don't think I'm gonna like the Rock being in this movie. Maybe if he hadn't done "Race to Witch Mountain" with the two little kids that were supposed to be aliens, then I wouldn't mind so much. But still, the whole time you watch the movie you're gonna be like: hey, it's the Rock. The Rock can't be the character he plays, because you already know him too well as the Rock. You know?
Anyway I still might see this movie. I mean, I've seen all of the other ones. Let me state my opinions of these films:

F&F1: I liked watching it when I was young and really, who doesn't like fast cars and manual transmissions? Now I just like watching it with friends to make fun of the dumb parts: "[Danger to manifold] Shut up!" "Just tune the Nos timing and you'll run nice" "Harry, I need Nos." "I live my life a 1/4 mile at a time. For those ten seconds or less (OR LESS) I'm free" etc.

F&F2: Didn't like it. Trashed the two good cars (the Yenko and the R/T). Didn't like the puke yellow Evo or the purple/silver Eclipse convertible. The semi-ridiculous plot believe it or not was almost too much. almost. Let's not even talk about that "EMP" harpoon gun the cops had.

F&F3: Liked: Monte Carlo, S-15, RX-7 with insane body. Disliked: Lil' Bow Wow. Rolling the Monte. (Imagine if he hadn't rolled it and just kept racing around town with that for the rest of the movie!)

and finally:
F&F4: Liked it. The plot was more serious, the cars were more serious, and for all of you anti ricer guys: the only Honda/Acura product I remember seeing was a mid-engine NSX. I don't know anyone who would hate an NSX.
The best part for me was that they used a Grand National. When's the last time you saw a G-Body in an action movie that WASN'T just sitting in traffic? I mean sure, it got banged up a bit, but at least they didn't demolish it like they keep doing to that '69/'70 Mutt Charger.

To put this huge post to a close: This is just like the new Top Gear on the history channel. Yea it could be better, but what else are we going to watch if we don't get the Speed Channel? Additionally, if no one watches this stuff, then it's gonna look like there's absolutely no market for automotive entertainment, and they won't even try anymore.

307 Regal

Royal Smart Person
Oct 21, 2009
Northern Indiana
307 Regal said:
then it's gonna look like there's absolutely no market for automotive entertainment, and they won't even try anymore.

(*thinks*)

wait.... cars get wrecked in Hollywood....

454muscle

Royal Smart Person
Jan 31, 2010
Ontario, Canada eh!
beermonkey9417 said:
454muscle said:
postalrm88 said:
I saw Faster. It is the first movie the Rock got to do, without having to "tone down" (as he did for all the Disney kiddy movies) and for faster, he was at his heaviest at 275 lbs ripped. The movie was very well produced, however, his character as being the younger weaker brother who was helpless as his older bro got shot and crying for mercy was kinda out of his character. Other than that, it was a great movie. And guess what, the website isn't bad either, look: http://fasterthemovie.com/;)

i think someones got a crush... :rofl:
:doh: I said I liked his movies. and stuff. I never said I wanted to **** him up the *ss. LOL :rofl:

j_tizzle_84

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 6, 2009
maple shade new jersey

cdg1984

G-Body Guru
Oct 18, 2009
Evansville IN
i think someones got a crush... :rofl:[/quote]
:doh: I said I liked his movies. and stuff. I never said I wanted to **** him up the *ss. LOL :rofl:[/quote]

Suuuurree you dont. Well at least youre crushing on some other dude, not me anymore :wink: haha, just messing with u man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor