FAST+FURIOUS+THE ROCK= I'll pass

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdg1984

G-Body Guru
Oct 18, 2009
Evansville IN
"I live my life a 1/4 mile at a time. For those ten seconds or less (OR LESS) I'm free" etc.

hahaha, that sh*t is so frikkin lame. Hes just sooo deep isnt he. :rofl:

patmckinneyracing

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2009
San Antonio, TX
"I live my life a 1/4 mile at a time. For those ten seconds or less (OR LESS) I'm free" etc.

That quote actually sums up how I feel about working on and racing cars. Yeah for a movie, it is a bit much, but that quote definately summed up my personal feelings for the hobby. And you gotta admit, if your pulling ten seconds or less in the quarter, all your troubles do go away. Up until something fails, then it all comes back :lol:

79loserbluebu

G-Body Guru
May 9, 2009
Illinois
307 Regal said:
F&F1: I liked watching it when I was young and really, who doesn't like fast cars and manual transmissions? Now I just like watching it with friends to make fun of the dumb parts: "[Danger to manifold] Shut up!" "Just tune the Nos timing and you'll run nice" "Harry, I need Nos." "I live my life a 1/4 mile at a time. For those ten seconds or less (OR LESS) I'm free" etc.
Even watching the movie now, it's still entertaining to watch. It's fun to look back and see how corny the movie was. Really though, this was probably the one with the best legit action involving cars because they started with nothing and didn't have the capital to make huge cool explosions.

307 Regal said:
F&F2: Didn't like it. Trashed the two good cars (the Yenko and the R/T). Didn't like the puke yellow Evo or the purple/silver Eclipse convertible. The semi-ridiculous plot believe it or not was almost too much. almost. Let's not even talk about that "EMP" harpoon gun the cops had.
I can agree with that opinion, that movie sucked
307 Regal said:
F&F3: Liked: Monte Carlo, S-15, RX-7 with insane body. Disliked: Lil' Bow Wow. Rolling the Monte. (Imagine if he hadn't rolled it and just kept racing around town with that for the rest of the movie!)
I think this was the best one out of all of the movies. It was a totally different style of racing rather then sliding around turns and pulling wheelies on the street with street radials on the car :roll: . Well the end sucked.
307 Regal said:
F&F4: Liked it. The plot was more serious, the cars were more serious, and for all of you anti ricer guys: the only Honda/Acura product I remember seeing was a mid-engine NSX. I don't know anyone who would hate an NSX.
The best part for me was that they used a Grand National. When's the last time you saw a G-Body in an action movie that WASN'T just sitting in traffic? I mean sure, it got banged up a bit, but at least they didn't demolish it like they keep doing to that '69/'70 Mutt Charger.
I was offended by this movie the most. Ok, I can understand the nitrous to the 4 cylinder phase of the series. But now they are going to throw on some methanol to a street driven Ford? Come on now, they seriously have lost their ties to actual street racing. And if I remember correctly, they destroyed over 15 G-bodies in that movie, and had only 1 real GN with a SBC swapped with a 5 speed.

307 Regal said:
To put this huge post to a close: This is just like the new Top Gear on the history channel. Yea it could be better, but what else are we going to watch if we don't get the Speed Channel? Additionally, if no one watches this stuff, then it's gonna look like there's absolutely no market for automotive entertainment, and they won't even try anymore.

You're right. No one that doesn't like automobiles is going to watch a movie, a real movie, just about cars and trucks doing real things. Just like I wouldn't go see a movie that was seriously about ice skating. I saw Blades of Glory though! But I'd be willing to bet there is a ice skating forum out there bashing that movie because of it's distance from the real sport.

cdg1984

G-Body Guru
Oct 18, 2009
Evansville IN
patmckinneyracing said:

That quote actually sums up how I feel about working on and racing cars. Yeah for a movie, it is a bit much, but that quote definately summed up my personal feelings for the hobby. And you gotta admit, if your pulling ten seconds or less in the quarter, all your troubles do go away. Up until something fails, then it all comes back :lol:

Ill agree with you on that. Thought ive never ridden in a 10 second or less car, I can imagine its a hell of a feeling. I just thought it was pretty lame how they tried to put some deep meaning in a movie like that.

454muscle

Royal Smart Person
Jan 31, 2010
Ontario, Canada eh!
cdg1984 said:
i think someones got a crush... :rofl:
454muscle said:
:doh: I said I liked his movies. and stuff. I never said I wanted to **** him up the *ss. LOL :rofl:

Suuuurree you dont. Well at least youre crushing on some other dude, not me anymore :wink: haha, just messing with u man.
Sounds like you're jealous. Yep. Jealous. Hey, 'tis ok bro. I understand. I fully understand. I'm used to it. :roll:

Tuggy24g

G-Body Guru
Jul 10, 2008
Newtown PA
I watched all of these movies and they are ok car movies. Yes there are better ones that came out over the years, but for what it is I like it.

Now I wish they would of had the series more about street racing or racing in general then doing missions for some smuck. Show how people fix up there car and work on them like they did in the first Fast and the furious. After go out to local illegal street racing and race for money. Now all of this crap where they have to transport money or stolen goods to a location for some guy or winning a race makes you able to help a guy out inorder to get payed money ect... More racing less fluff!!

WH1_T-type

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 6, 2010
I actually liked the first and fourth ones. I also think that The Rock has turned into a pretty good actor! Paul Walker is about as wooden as they get though.

I will see it, but will wait for DVD/Blu-Ray.

BlackRegalHN

Apprentice
Oct 5, 2010
WH1_T-type said:
I also think that The Rock has turned into a pretty good actor!

He was a professional wrestler... so he's been acting for awhile now. Wouldn't necessarily call him good at it though. IF YAAAAA SMEELLLLLALALALALA....... uhm, yes, I would consider myself a serious actor now. In fact I think IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT I THINK!!!!!! ...
Sorry, It's kinda like getting pissed that Hulk Hogan didn't get an emmy for SuperNanny or whatever the F*** that movie was. It's Hulk in a pink tutu... for F*** sake!!!
... Wait, what was I saying?

I love the quarter-mile race in the first F&F... I swear it's like 3 minutes long :rofl:

Qdub24

Royal Smart Person
Sep 6, 2006
Columbus, GA
tc1959 said:
Street racing is for Fools and Morons. These movies glorify that.
Any one that races legitimately on a race track would agree I think.. :soapbox:

That's your opinion. I know lot's of people who race on the street and at the track. Most people are a lot more cautious on the street than they are at the track. Street racing was big before the F&F series even began. All the movies have done, is cast more of a spotlight on it. In reality, the F&F movies have made it harder to race on the street, and a lot worse to get caught doing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor