Favorite Bands

Status
Not open for further replies.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I liked the southern rock bands of the era....Allman Bros., Marshall-Tucker Band, Molly Hatchet, Charlie Daniels, Skynard, of course.
The Allman Bros, Band put on an amazing show. I saw them at Central Park back in the early '70's with all the original members...Duane Allman, and Berry Oakley.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: 1 users

partsbox

Greasemonkey
May 22, 2016
Maryland
First off, like Bonnewagon and some others, I have very eclectic musical interests. So I've really been enjoying this thread. There's only been a small handful of clips presented here that didn't much appeal to me.

My first offering will be for those who both like the 80's and hard sounds: Anthrax playing Joe Jackson's "Got the Time" - it's really not that different from Joe's original version...

Reactions: 4 users

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
I'll see that Anthrax and raise you a Bundy Anthrax cameo. I could not find a vid of "London", my favorite.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: 2 users

partsbox

Greasemonkey
May 22, 2016
Maryland
Along with most of the music styles presented so far, I also have interest in garage band music (seems appropriate, huh?), acid rock, and in the music of bands that led to the bands we all know - like this one by The Move, which featured Roy Wood and Bev Bevans of ELO. In fact, after Carl Wayne left the move, Jeff Lynne stepped in as lead singer. ELO followed soon after that.

Reactions: 1 user

partsbox

Greasemonkey
May 22, 2016
Maryland
Anyone else remember Roky Erickson and the 13th Floor Elevators?

• Winner

partsbox

Greasemonkey
May 22, 2016
Maryland
Last one for tonight, I promise. A texas-based psychedelic band called Moving Sidewalks started by Billy Gibbons of ZZ Top.

Reactions: 1 user

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
Had a few beers- gettin' loose- wanting metal- LOUD metal-

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
I said LOOOUUUD!!! (No vid- you guys couldn't handle it- banned from MTV- for good reason)

Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor