Favorite Music?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
XM and it depends on my mood, the old stuff, blues, motown, jazz and 148 (Old Time Radio Shows)......then when the grandkids are in the car it's Kidz Bop Kids

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Anything but pop country. We're lucky to have an awesome rock station (97.9 WIYY) that breaks newer bands (love The Pretty Reckless!). Plus, I have a 9 year old girl that keeps me abreast of the teeny pop. Mmmmm, Camilia Cabello. Usually, it's Waylon Jennings radio on Pandora in the garage. Or, Beastie Boys. Or, Black Crowes. Or, WTFE I'm in the mood for...

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

angel84elco

Apprentice
Jan 8, 2014
For me it’s oldies, souldies, funk, rap, some rock, and Spanish music, what’s usually playing though is oldies and souldies and if not I’m listening to Espn radio

• Winner
Reactions: 1 user

Local Hero

G-Body Guru
Nov 24, 2016
Northcoast, Cleveland, Ohio
From my time here I'm finding that I'm on the "older" side of the spectrum. My tastes run the gamut. Classic Rock and Alternative are my mainstays. My kids keep me up to date on the latest Pop stuff. When I'm in the shop it's usually Sirius XM Hair Nation. And since I'm in the video business, I often use a lot of instrumental pieces in my videos so I often find myself dialing in Classical pieces and New Age for inspiration.

I love the great songwriters like Bruce Springsteen, Jackson Brown and Billy Joel. And I also like great singers like John Waite, Steve Perry, Paul Rodgers, Natalie Merchant and Faith Hill.

Probably my guilty pleasure is listening to Pink. If she comes on the radio, I turn it up loud but make sure the windows are rolled up so no one else knows. :giggle:

Last edited:

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I could listen to a variety of music from the '50's to maybe early '80's. Anything past that, in my opinion sucks. Always a fan of '60's -'70's rock, blues, jazz, Motown (Temptations, Four Tops, Marvin Gaye, Sam Cooke, Spinners, Supremes, Darlene Love, etc, etc.) Ronettes, Crystals, Shirelles, etc.
Allman Bros, Dire Straits, Doobie Bros, Derek and the Dominoes, Cream, Hendrix, Who, etc.
The list goes on...

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I could listen to a variety of music from the '50's to maybe early '80's. Anything past that, in my opinion sucks. Always a fan of '60's -'70's classic rock, blues, jazz, Motown (Temptations, Four Tops, Marvin Gaye, Sam Cooke, Spinners, Supremes, etc, etc.
I like melodic music...not the crap they play today...sorry.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
I got XM so I'm mainly on Octane 37 with XM 38, 39, 40, 41, 25, 26, & 34 on the presets.Off XM I'm listening to WDVE (Pittsburgh) or WRKW (Johnstown). I used to listen to 3WS (WWSW) for the oldies Ilisten to when I started to work on cars (have a liking for '50's to '70's oldies/classic rock) but since the I Heart Radio gutted their play list (as they did to WXDX too) I rarely listen now. I really dispise I Heart Radio.

CaliWagon83

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2017
Orange County, CA
My big gripe with iHeart now is they're always trying to get my to sign up for the paid subscription thing on the app. I already have the SXM app on my phone. I don't need another paid listening option. I only use the iHeart app to stream local stations through my phone while I'm working.

454GrandPrix

Master Mechanic
Jul 27, 2016
Lehi, Utah
If it ain't Metal, it ain't music.

When I have access to Sirius/XM, I'm usually on 38 or 39 (but I'll check in to channel 8 as well since I'm a child of the 80s). But that's rare for me. I usually just listen to my own music (unless I'm blabbing with friends on my ham radio). I make sure all my cars have stereos with USB inputs, and I keep a thumb drive in each car filled with my ripped CD collection. I insist on buying CDs so I can rip and use them as I see fit; I never pay for digital media so I don't have to deal with any DRM BS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor