FedUp strikes again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
I guess it does matter where you live. I can honestly say I've very rarely had an issue with FedEx or UPS. However i do live 5 minutes from UPS worldport and their drivers are spot on and they take good care of me! It does help that one of my sisters is a stay at home wife, so i usually ship everything there since my cutlass is there anyway.
I've heard horror stories, I've had boxes show up dinged but no damaged parts as of yet. Truth of the matter, those said companies hire mostly young adults at a low wage, pay for their school, etc. I know personally as i worked at UPS for a couple years out of high school so i could get into engineering school without student loans. I took pride in my job and handled boxes a d such as if they were mine, but many don't unfortunately.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I'm in Canada so I never use UPS cause they nail you for brokerage fees coming over the border. I made a mistake once when I ordered from UMI and UPS charged me $98 to deliver parts that were $180 something. I normally use USPS

• Agree

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
What gets me the most is that I am a retired mailman. My last 20 years were doing Parcel Post. If I did what FedUp did they would have hanged me 100 times over. I had to answer for every goof (yes, I goofed too) and if I misdelivered something I was expected to track it down, retrieve it, and deliver it correctly. Do that a few times and you become real careful about addresses. So the company was glad I got the box but FedUp smashed it so bad that the gasket set got crushed by the cylinder.I asked if I could order a replacement and they said they would send me one for free, but by FedUp as that is their only option. I asked them to send it the slowest way. Why? FedUp has 3 different levels of service with 3 different drivers from 3 different hubs. The slowest level comes out of Brooklyn and that guy is not half bad. I asked him why the others are so stupid and he shook his head and said they just don't care. So there it is.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Mark, we lived in a different world than there is today, back then most people took responsibility for their actions, we didn't have to lock our front doors and a handshake was good enough to close a deal...

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

G-boz

Greasemonkey
Jul 13, 2008
CT
around here, Fed-Ex uses private "drivers" that don't actually work for Fed-ex directly (unlike UPS), they own there own routes and deliver packages for fed-ex. They can drop off a smashed box and you have to take up the damage claim with Fed-Ex directly, driver has no responsibility....

Opie Knievel

Rum Fueled Midnight Mechanic and Moderator
Sep 6, 2010
Brodhead, Kentucky
Mark, we lived in a different world than there is today, back then most people took responsibility for their actions, we didn't have to lock our front doors and a handshake was good enough to close a deal...

I'm still kinda young (33) but I know what you mean. That's how I was raised, except we locked our doors. Your word was your bond and it's all you really had. Your reputation could make you or break you. I don't want to be known as the idiot or the guy who screws everything up. I put some effort in what I do and try to use my head for something other than a hat rack. Stupid people piss me off. Most are so stupid that they don't even know how stupid they are. They don't even realize they're screwing up. They usually don't care either. I don't see how people live like that. I don't know everything but I like to think I have common sense and can figure most things out. The things I can't figure out, I ask questions or research it to find the answers.

I know I'm ranting but this kind of stuff really grinds my gears. If you're gonna take a job, do it well. That's how I see it. No matter what the job is. That's why I get so mad at the idiots in fast food that screw up my order. I've worked fast food before, it's not that damn hard! If you can't do the most entry level job in the country right, just kill yourself. Seriously, make everyone's life better by going away. You're a moron. You have little to no value in society. Seriously, I can't get a 1 item order right? WTF???? I'm gonna stop myself here. I could go on for hours about my hatred for stupid people but I'm sure nobody really wants that.

I like the idea of making people go back and straighten out the stuff they screw up.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Most are so stupid that they don't even know how stupid they are. They don't even realize they're screwing up. They usually don't care either. I don't see how people live like that. I don't know everything but I like to think I have common sense and can figure most things out.
I couldn't agree more, I work with a guy like this and it appears he has no fear of the consequences of his actions (which apparently are none) when he was driving he hit a few things including a low bridge that did $8,000 in damage to a year old box truck and they later put him in the warehouse and he took out the supporting leg in a shelving unit with the hi-lo and damaged about $2,000 in misc. breaking the lights and mirrors on the hi-lo and damaging product with reels of wire everywhere ( I was told I could not upload the video to my Youtube channel) and now he is at the counter doing sales so I am sure he will find a way to cost the company money one way or another.

Nov 4, 2012
I'm in Canada so I never use UPS cause they nail you for brokerage fees coming over the border. I made a mistake once when I ordered from UMI and UPS charged me $98 to deliver parts that were $180 something. I normally use USPS

At least for me, USPS seems to be the best. They are inexpensive and deliver very fast, unless it's coming from the west coast, I usually have things in 2-3 days tops. UPS is slow, and their tracking is lousy. FedEx is even worse than UPS. I like tracking my packages, I know it doesn't make them get here any faster but I'll do anything to pass the time while waiting for car parts :mrgreen:. Plus USPS has an office in my local Staples and the Staples employees are a lot friendlier and more helpful than the ones at UPS, FedEx or even the main USPS office.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I'm still kinda young (33) but I know what you mean. That's how I was raised, except we locked our doors. Your word was your bond and it's all you really had. Your reputation could make you or break you. I don't want to be known as the idiot or the guy who screws everything up. I put some effort in what I do and try to use my head for something other than a hat rack. Stupid people piss me off. Most are so stupid that they don't even know how stupid they are. They don't even realize they're screwing up. They usually don't care either. I don't see how people live like that. I don't know everything but I like to think I have common sense and can figure most things out. The things I can't figure out, I ask questions or research it to find the answers.

I know I'm ranting but this kind of stuff really grinds my gears. If you're gonna take a job, do it well. That's how I see it. No matter what the job is. That's why I get so mad at the idiots in fast food that screw up my order. I've worked fast food before, it's not that damn hard! If you can't do the most entry level job in the country right, just kill yourself. Seriously, make everyone's life better by going away. You're a moron. You have little to no value in society. Seriously, I can't get a 1 item order right? WTF???? I'm gonna stop myself here. I could go on for hours about my hatred for stupid people but I'm sure nobody really wants that.

I like the idea of making people go back and straighten out the stuff they screw up.

there seems to be more and more of the younger generation who wants to get back to the "older" style of life which is encouraging. Technology should make our lives better, not take it over......

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users
Nov 4, 2012

I'll tell you the even worse part of this- Most of the time, you can't even fire people who deliberately won't do their jobs.

Case in point, at a previous job, I had 5 guys working under me, all union laborers. They didn't particularly like me because I was a lot younger than them, but I also had more education than almost any of them. Some of them were good guys, others not. One of these guys refused to work. He didn't respect me because of my age and so instead of doing the work he was assigned, he'd sit in the shop and watch television and sleep in the break room. He was officially reprimanded at least 3 times and every time it went on file. But, I still couldn't fire him. Why? Because if I tried to fire him, he would have his union lawyer in my office presenting me a lawsuit for 'wrongful termination'! So you can't even fire people who don't do their jobs! Unreal...

I'm not bashing unions btw, there is an old saying I agree with- "There are people who the union needs, and people who need the union." Unfortunately this guy needed the union.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor