Finally Doing A Build Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
ez off oven cleaner will take it off just dont get it on alum or anything that the paint is good on or it will strip it off if you leave it on to long. On your hilborn scoop is that how you hydrolocked it, if not how do you keep the water out of it

i'm not using the hilborn scoop this time around...if that's what your asking i don't think i understood your question????

i beleave his question was how you would keep the water out when you wash it or drive in wet weather.

Thats the bad thing about a scoop, if you drive in the rain the motor will suck in water. and if your not carful when washing it, you will get water down in it.

Look back on the first page, there's pics of the patch he made to cover the hole in the hood...

I've seen people turn those scoops around so the inlet is facing the windsheild when encountering bad weather.

As for your oil leak, just wipe it up with some clean rags and then do some touch ups if you need to. That's the beauty of rattle can restorations.--- (not meant negatively, my 442 was all done with rattle cans... that I stole from work!)

elzrcmch said:
man your car is all killer no filler, man get some more pics on this piece!

Thanks

engine5.jpg

motordone.jpg

motordone2.jpg

it has a mean stance for no suspension mods

will post pics with the hood on 2morrow hopefully....had to tow it to my mechanics again to get that seal changed out and something with my igniton safety switch or something. the starter would not turn over but the battery and all interior lights worked, just when i turned the key nothing...crazy cuz it worked when i left his shop and we had it running for a good 15 min with no leak from the seal what so ever....this car is turning to a big pain in the *ss! trying not to let it get to me....hoped to pick it up today after work but not the case...and it sucks cuz the weather is clear skies and warm...the days when you wanna go for a ride :?

scoop4.jpg

scoop5.jpg

hey you know about the lights and starter i had the same problem when i turned over my 86 cutty after 3 years in hibernation..lights worked, and there was massive clicking sounds (from the starter) I went to auto zone picked up a new battery (or charge yours cause it might have gotten drained?) it started mighty fine, end of story.
Also that car is a keeper, i come from the land of Lincoln let me tell you rust is trying to eat my car! I'm doing all i can to stop it and its an ongoing battle, getting it to your cutty's condition would be a dream. Not to mention that rowdy 350. Good luck

well now it seems i have a transmission problem 🙁 i'm trying not to get discouraged, but i'm throwing so much money at this car and I have yet to be able to enjoy it. i drove it a lil today, but the transmission was not shifting...i was asking around and some say it's either the governor wieghts stuck or the valve body...the trans and motor were left in the car for 1 year before i took them out to redo the motor, but it's only a year old and i didn't abuse it. i put new fluid in it as it was bone dry, most of the fluid came out after i took it out and it was sitting waiting to be put back in. i was planning on getting a transmission flush. anyone have an idea as to whats going on? it stays in first and just keeps going but revs high if you go past 30, but if i get on the gas it'll go but won't shift. i put it in 1, then 2 and it still don't feel like it's shifting....i'm so ready to enjoy the car but idk why i'm having all these problems keep adding up....also, the oil pan plug, i had to drain a lil bit of oil out as it thought i needed to add some but i read the chrome dipstick wrong...i hate those! well it was flush to the pan before i loosedn it to drain some oil, but when i went to tighten it, it wouldn't tighten flush anymore but if felt tight. i turned the car on and checked to see if it'd leak and it didn't...idk but for some reason i've been having bad luck wit this car.........

Check your vacuum line from your intake to your trans to make sure it's not kinked or pinched or something. Is your TV cable adjusted properly?

And most importantly, don't get discouraged! You'll figure it out... I know I've dealth with my share of problems that have arisen during these kind of projects. Just remember, it's only a machine, and it can't beat you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor