Finally Doing A Build Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blake442 said:
Check your vacuum line from your intake to your trans to make sure it's not kinked or pinched or something. Is your TV cable adjusted properly?

And most importantly, don't get discouraged! You'll figure it out... I know I've dealth with my share of problems that have arisen during these kind of projects. Just remember, it's only a machine, and it can't beat you.

x2 If the vacuum line has been pinched or disconnected it will not shift out of first gear.

decided to put the decals on that i had made at work on my valve covers...what you guys think? they were free compared to the licensed GM ones you can buy that cost $100 something and since they are factory valve covers, i still have the oil fill cap 🙂 I know the cheap air cleaner gots to go!!!!! I like the K&N Xtreme air filters and i like the triangle one they have too. clearence is an issure as this one its a tight fit as is....

355cut.jpg

355cut3.jpg

355cut2.jpg

sweet aint it! look at all that space...no clutter. sbc (small "baby" chevy) lol

sidewalk.jpg

full body shot

350_85cutty said:

Is that plug wire for #2 touching the header? It almost looks like it's already discoloring from the heat...

damn blake! you almost gave me a heart attack after i read that! i had to go outside after i read that to go make sure, cuz i just took those pics a couple hours ago. and NO, they are actually a good 2-3 inches away from the header but you can't tell from the pic. that discoloring is just the "JEGS" lettering on the wires...

so i had my cranshaft seal replace once already and i had my mechanic do it since I didn't have the time...and he showed me the old one, he said it looked fine...but replaced it anyway and said he noticed it had a groove i guess where the seal sits he said it was cuz of the balancer? idk.. so he put a repair sleeve in then the seal...well it's still leaking from there not drips just "trickkles" i guess is the word. and its not alot and only when it's running...what do you guys think? i've been reading up on it and it doesn't seem hard to replace but i also read that people replace them and it still happens, so they use permatex to help seal it off better? i dont wanna have to pay my mechanic to do it when i can do it and i'm sure he'll let me borrow the puller tool. i'm just ready to fix this leak but i don't wanna have to do this again so i wanna get it right the first time...any advice

Yeah, but good luck removing the old seal and installing the new one without ****ing up the timing cover. The cover needs to be removed to do it properly, so the water pumps gotta come off, and the oil pan's gotta drop. I'd carefully inspect that cover as well, cause if it's tweeked just a little it can lead to an improper seal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor