Finally found the wheels I'm going to get...

Status
Not open for further replies.
here we go again... :popcorn:

Phoenyx said:
So is there any benefit to doing this? Besides worsening your braking, acceleration, handling, and future resale value? Why not just go and buy a 4x4?

Let's see...

Acceleration? Won't have that problem...lots of engine work will be taking place once Christmas is out the way. I've currently got a 350 Rocket from a '76 Supreme, but I've still got the original 307

Braking? Ordering a big brake kit from SSBC, or Wilwood...whichever I can get the best price on.

Handling? Who knows? Could care less...

Future resale value? Who cares...I bought this for ME, not to make a buck off of...

....and as far as a 4x4 goes, the car will sit at stock height. A 22" rim with a 30-series requires NO modifications whatsoever. Anybody who tells you it does, has no idea what they're talking about.

85 Cutlass Brougham said:
Not a fan of anything larger than an 18 on a G body. Anything larger looks disproportionate as compared to the scale of the body and wheel arch. Plus, these cars need to be lowered, not raised. That's just good engineering.

The car will still be lowered...contrary to popular belief (on here), a 22" rim does not require the car to be lifted, cut, etc....if you wanted to do a 24" rim, THEN you would have to do that....but not for 22's. Trust me...seen it a trillion times in person.

18's...nah. Might as well stick with the stock wheels for that.

n33no said:

Ain't nothin to get into it about...it's funny how those who aren't into "big rims" (even though 22's aren't considered big anymore) think every modification in the world has to be done, but those who live that life everyday know better.

We're just into diff.things, that's all...you guys like smaller rims, and I prefer bigger ones. Doesn't make what I do right or wrong, and vice versa...just diff.strokes for diff.folks. I thought about not doing some things because of the resale value, but f_ _ _ it...it's my car, and I want to put my own spin on things. That's the whole point of being into this hobby...it'd be pretty boring if everybody kept their car stock and certain way just to cash in later down the line.

I like those wheel alot, make sure to get some shots of the car when you get them. Plus, WHO CARES what other think if thats what you want them get them. I was @ the dubs show last week but i must have missed thoese.
87Cutlass442 said:
n33no said:

Ain't nothin to get into it about...it's funny how those who aren't into "big rims" (even though 22's aren't considered big anymore) think every modification in the world has to be done, but those who live that life everyday know better.

We're just into diff.things, that's all...you guys like smaller rims, and I prefer bigger ones. Doesn't make what I do right or wrong, and vice versa...just diff.strokes for diff.folks. I thought about not doing some things because of the resale value, but f_ _ _ it...it's my car, and I want to put my own spin on things. That's the whole point of being into this hobby...it'd be pretty boring if everybody kept their car stock and certain way just to cash in later down the line.

i think my heart stoped call 911 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock:

Why do anti performance modifications to a special factory performance platform? ie the 442. Do it to a regular Cutlass then nobody or few care. You don't have to be into what performance oriented guys are into but why take one of the few cars the factory made for performance and turn it into a drive-able but show piece? Why did you spend the extra coin to get a 442 in the first place? I just do not understand this. People take 4x4s and make em low riders instead of makeing them better 4x4s or take a low rider and make it into a 4x4 instead of makeing it a better low rider. Why didn't you just save some coin & a special car and buy a regular Cutlass if you were planing these kinds of mods?

dogshit said:
Why didn't you just save some coin & a special car and buy a regular Cutlass if you were planing these kinds of mods?

cause its his money and he wanted one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor