Finally lowered the Cutlass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

silverfox

Master Mechanic
Sep 11, 2012
Fianlly lowerd my cutlass this weekend, looks awesome. Wish i went a little lower in the front but i can easily fix that a little later if i want to. I used 2" drop spindles and cut about 1 and 1/4 rap off rear springs, I know not the right way. I have 1 inch drop eibach springs but did not go down enough so did not want to cut them so I cut the factory springs. When money is a little better i will buy and install 2 or 3 inch rear drop springs. Also added a set of the Gbody parts cross dripped rotors, they look great.

Let me know what you think?

Attachments

• lowered 2.JPG
    lowered 2.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 5,905
  • lowered 3.JPG
    lowered 3.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 4,315
  • Lowered 5.JPG
    Lowered 5.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 1,683
  • Lowered 6.JPG
    Lowered 6.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,818

79MaliCrazz

G-Body Guru
Nov 6, 2010
Lake Wylie,SC
Looks nice I dropped mine in the front I gotta drop the rear but you ride looks great.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
looks good, I don't know what you did for the rear spring with the cut side but I used 1983 Pontiac Phoenix rear springs with has an open end and cut them to size and used an F body isolator which will slide over the bubble for the pig tail and has the channel for an open spring to sit in. I used those springs cause they have the higher linear rate. There is nothing wrong with cutting springs.

silverfox

Master Mechanic
Sep 11, 2012
pontiacgp said:
looks good, I don't know what you did for the rear spring with the cut side but I used 1983 Pontiac Phoenix rear springs with has an open end and cut them to size and used an F body isolator which will slide over the bubble for the pig tail and has the channel for an open spring to sit in. I used those springs cause they have the higher linear rate. There is nothing wrong with cutting springs.

How much drop did you get from that rear Pringles set up

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I have about 2 1/4" drop, I have the short bilstein shocks so the spring won't pop out if I lift the car. It wouldn't hewp if I told you how much I cut the spring cause I have an 67 A body rear ans the spring perch on the rear end sits in front of the axle tube. I don't have any pictures of the car as it sits today but I'll get some tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor