firearms: what ya got or want to get

Status
Not open for further replies.
S&W 60-15 3" .357 in stainless, custom hardwood grip in K-frame size
Metro Arms ACII 1911A1 in blue
Mossberg 500 12ga, 20" 7+1, Knoxx stock, ghost rings
Mossberg 500 20ga, 18.5", M16A2 style buttstock, breacher barrel, bead sight

There would be much more on the list if I didn't live in Illinois!

G-Body_Vet said:

Do you have a limit on how many you can own in that communist state? Dont you have to have a firearms owner card or something like that as well? I feel for ya bud.

CHRIS.O said:
G-Body_Vet said:

Do you have a limit on how many you can own in that communist state? Dont you have to have a firearms owner card or something like that as well? I feel for ya bud.

Tell me about it! Illinois is goofy, especially Chicago as we all know. Here's the kicker:

You can legally buy just about anything besides full auto after passing your background check if you have a FOID card in Illinois. Any FFL holder can also legally sell to Chicago residents. The problem is the silly municipal ordinance up here. Semi-auto rifles and auto-loaders are banned within city limits. I don't know if it's been updated since the handgun ordinance was lifted, but there was even an ammo ordinance that prohibited the sale of .22, .32, .380, .38, 9mm, .44, 45 and .357 to civilians. If you owned a .40 though you could have ammo shipped to your door. Figure that one out! As a matter of fact there were only 2 places I could think of that would even ship the allowable ammo here.

It's one of those deals where you either succumb to the city's bs or decide you're not going to be a victim in your own home. The ordinance consists of paying yearly fees to register each firearm, paying another $125-$150 to take a 4 hour firearm class, then paying another $100 application fee for a Chicago firearm permit.

Here's more info about it if you think I'm bullshitting: https://portal.chicagopolice.org/portal ... gistration

Trust me, I have plans to get the hell out of here eventually. And one more thing.....we are now the only "shall not issue" state for CCW or open carry.

I totally believe you. I avoid illinois as much as possible. I have a good friend that lives in chicago and I will not visit him simply because I cannot carry my firearm in that city. Firearms laws are some of the most horribly thought out laws, I think they make them that way so people just say "screw it i wont own one." Michigan is pretty lax on everything, cars, guns, all the good stuff. I cannot believe they charge you to exercise your rights. Wow. I really feel for ya.

G-Body_Vet said:
CHRIS.O said:
G-Body_Vet said:

Tell me about it! Illinois is goofy, especially Chicago as we all know. Here's the kicker:

You can legally buy just about anything besides full auto after passing your background check if you have a FOID card in Illinois. Any FFL holder can also legally sell to Chicago residents. The problem is the silly municipal ordinance up here. Semi-auto rifles and auto-loaders are banned within city limits. I don't know if it's been updated since the handgun ordinance was lifted, but there was even an ammo ordinance that prohibited the sale of .22, .32, .380, .38, 9mm, .44, 45 and .357 to civilians. If you owned a .40 though you could have ammo shipped to your door. Figure that one out! As a matter of fact there were only 2 places I could think of that would even ship the allowable ammo here.

It's one of those deals where you either succumb to the city's bs or decide you're not going to be a victim in your own home. The ordinance consists of paying yearly fees to register each firearm, paying another $125-$150 to take a 4 hour firearm class, then paying another $100 application fee for a Chicago firearm permit.

Here's more info about it if you think I'm bullshitting: https://portal.chicagopolice.org/portal ... gistration

Trust me, I have plans to get the hell out of here eventually. And one more thing.....we are now the only "shall not issue" state for CCW or open carry.

If you can stand the heat and humidity, might I recommend GA?...lol

As long as you have the required permits, you can carry a weapon up and down the street, concealed or not. If I'm not mistaken, unless it was changed or struck down, you can even carry one on public property, IE states parks. You just can't take them into court houses or government buildings.

jasonreid said:
If you can stand the heat and humidity, might I recommend GA?...lol

I actually prefer west. I can deal with dry heat, but that humidity drives me nuts! I've experienced both first hand thanks to the Marines Corps. I was stationed in NC for awhile at New River, then at Tustin and El Toro in California. I'd more than likely go with Texas, Arizona, Colorado or Nevada when the time is right.

I have been thinking out west as well. Dry heat is better than hot and wet. Most of those states out west are pretty lax as well on gun laws.

CHRIS.O said:
I have been thinking out west as well. Dry heat is better than hot and wet. Most of those states out west are pretty lax as well on gun laws.

Let's not even get started on our brutal winters. I don't know about you, but I'm getting tired of 7 months of cold weather.

Yea it is getting rather old. We really have maybe 2 or 3 months of really nice weather. The rest is crap.

G-Body_Vet said:
CHRIS.O said:

Let's not even get started on our brutal winters. I don't know about you, but I'm getting tired of 7 months of cold weather.

Oh God I know what you mean. I lived in IL from 2000 to 2002. I didn't mind the cold weather, just the duration. It's nice when the snow hits in late November/early December but I hated it lasting until May... :roll: I was born in Joliet but moved to GA when I was just a month old, btw...:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor