firearms: what ya got or want to get

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_20110908_205217.jpg

IMG_20110908_205228.jpg

IMG_20110908_205236.jpg

IMG_20110908_205246.jpg

IMG_20110908_205423-1.jpg

Nice, thanks for the pics. I definitely want to do that to mine now, I've seen the flip up back site in place of the carry handle, but never the front flip up site I guess I wasn't looking around enough. Funny enough that's the exact same model as mine... I love mine I got a really good deal on it too for a lot of repeat business with the same dealer.

Yours has some of the goodies I want to ad to mine on it already though. :P

Very cool... I'd get one but I don't think it's worth all the criminal background check, 200 dollar tax fee, and giving the feds a free license to legally search your home and property without cause. At least that's how I understand it... But maybe that's just with the Class 3 FFL not just the legal owning of NFA devices.

Yea they are not allowed to go hog wild on your house and property just for having a silencer. If they ever and that is a big If decide to check up on your silencer the only thing you have to provide to them is the silencer and tax stamp. People with FFL's are the ones that can be searched and then they usually are just looking for proper record keeping. The group mostly responsible for getting the MI Attorney General to legalize this is now working on short barrel rifles and short barrel shotguns. Aside from writing my letters to my rep the only thing I can do now is cross my fingers we get something passed for those.

CHRIS.O said:
Yea they are not allowed to go hog wild on your house and property just for having a silencer. If they ever and that is a big If decide to check up on your silencer the only thing you have to provide to them is the silencer and tax stamp. People with FFL's are the ones that can be searched and then they usually are just looking for proper record keeping. The group mostly responsible for getting the MI Attorney General to legalize this is now working on short barrel rifles and short barrel shotguns. Aside from writing my letters to my rep the only thing I can do now is cross my fingers we get something passed for those.

Gotcha... We already have SBR and SBS in PA as long as you pay the tax stamp. They had like 6 "Colt Commando's" which are the 11.5 inch barrel full auto AR15's at the one gun shop I go to from time to time. I don't know where they got them I wanted one really bad they probably came from a SWAT team or something. But they were used and they wanted 2,400 a pop before the 400 bucks for being a SBR and being full auto, and sales tax. There was no way I could swing that. :lol:

Yea definitely have to save for something like that. I bet it is worth it though haha.

Definitely... I paid a grand for my colt carbine which has a 16.5 inch barrel and that was the most expensive gun purchase I ever made. I bet I could get the tax stamp and just put the three round burst or full auto sear in it and have practically the same thing though. And you can buy the short barrel uppers either the M4 14 inch barrel or the Commando 11.5 inch barrel for a few hundred bucks if I really wanted it... So I think 2400 was a bit on the steep side. :lol: If I was gonna swap uppers anyway I'd go for the HK416 conversion upper but that costs about 4 grand right now. I'm waiting for a company to rip off their design and sell it much cheaper then I'll probably get one.

The full auto sear would be something I would want but no range around here will let you go full auto anyway so it's a waste of money and time. Not to mention ammo, which as I'm sure everyone here knows ain't cheap like it used to be. :(

sorry, but what the hell do you need full auto or a silencer for?

Why do people need a 454 running on alcohol when a 383 on gas will fit the bill? We think it is cool and want it that is why. Oh and all the 2nd amendment stuff :D Lastly because I can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor