firearms: what ya got or want to get

Status
Not open for further replies.
NNot to start an arguement, but the 2nd gives us the right to bear arms yes, but more for self protection. Having full auto is just a waste of ammo unless its m-60s providing grazing fire.
And suppressors are for killing people period. More like assasinating them.

megaladon6 said:
suppressors are for killing people period. More like assasinating them.

Oh that is news to me. Have you ever been around a suppressed firearm? They are not like a movie silencer they do not make the gun completely silent. How about they have a use for noise polution, how about they have a use for those of us that have complaints at our local range from the people who live near it and they are wanting it shut down unless we reduce the noise, how about hearing damage that can be done to your ears even wearing ear protection? Nope silencers are only out there to assist in killing people right?

The 2nd amendment guarantees me the liberties to own firearms in any form that I want for whatever use I want, lawfully of course.

Full auto may be a waste of ammo to you but having a full auto 10/22 with an integrally suppressed barrel would be pretty damn awesome in my opinion. Cheap to shoot and quiet enough not to piss off the neighbors.

yes i have been around them. mostly spec ops guys and HRT/SWAT. and they are the ONLY ones who use suppressors (as opposed to regular line grunts and cops). the guys who actually NEED to kill someone with out them knowing they are there.
noise pollution my *ss!
you know what, i've known hundreds of people who shoot on a regular basis, all wore hearing protection and have no issues. most of them are older and their hearing protection wasn't that good by today's standards either. and how come the entire military isn't deaf?

the military doesn't even use full auto except for heavy weapons because it's a waste. you're telling me that it's useful for a civilian? it may feel/look cool, but there's no point. on semi-auto i could put plenty of rounds downrange, quickly and accurately.

damn it i didn't want to get into an argument on this!

If you did not wanna get into argument on this you should not have posted haha. No hard feelings toward ya bud. Suppressors are not just for killing people. If you think noise pollution with firearms is a joke get on some gun boards and look around. There are ranges being closed down because of noise, or people not allowed to shoot on their own property because of noise. All I can say is it does not matter what you think is allowable. You seem to compare civilians to soldiers for a firearms comparison. I am not a soldier, nor do I plan on killing people or being in any gun battles anytime soon. That being said, I do not care how much more accurate I can be with a semi auto than a full auto. It is about 1. Americans being able to own whatever gun they want assuming they pass reasonable back ground checks like what is already required, and 2. I want it because it is cool. My 2nd reason should be absolutely enough of a reason.

http://www.dangerousdecibels.org/educat ... ring-loss/

Because why not? You ever fired a full auto or a gattling gun? It's a blast... Literally. :mrgreen:

m-60 and m-249's. they and miniguns (gattlings are the ones from the civil war)both have no purpose but to destroy people in a military environment.
i've als fired an AT-4, but wouldn't want to own one. cool or not.

I know what a minigun is I wish I could get to rip on one of those just once, but I'm talking about a real gatling gun... My friend built an I guess it's probably about a one third or half scale replica gatling gun from scratch (other than the barrels which were surplus blanks that he rifled and chambered). He's a tool and dye maker and the thing is SICK it's so much fun. It fires .30 carbine like a WWII M1 Carbine instead of whatever the originals fire it looks like it might be .45-70 but I don't know. But to crank that big handle and send lead down range puts a smile on my face.

Guns can be just for fun you know... I mean like CHRIS.O said you're allowed to drive whatever you want, even though all anyone really needs is a A-B grocery getter or commuter car.

Mufflers for cars were based off of the original gun Suppressors. I don't like calling them silencers, because they don't really silence the shot, more like muffle it, and you should also have subsonic ammo to go along with the suppresor for maximum effectiveness.

I feel that if our Police are allowed full auto, the average citizen should also be allowed full auto. The Police are not a military force, and should have to follow the laws just like ordinary citizens.

I personally have fired the M60, M16A2(3 shot burst), and the M119 105mm Howitzer.

ingeneral the cops are not allowed full auto.
tell you the truth i'm not even sure if SWAT/HRT have it anymore. BTW i do not consider 3 round burst to be full auto. though it's still not necessary outside of combat situations

megaladon6 said:
sorry, but what the hell do you need full auto or a silencer for?
to make the gun alot quieter when you fire it, and for it to shoot as any rounds as you can, as fast as you can, without malfunction, with one trigger press...

while in the real world, you need to be responsible for every round that comes out the barrel, at a range, where there is nothing down range for you to kill or harm, aside from paper, watermelons, or whatever other non living thing you shoot, it can be fun... most people who own a gun, dont need a gun at all, and will never use one to harm or kill another.

but if the need shall arise for me to protect myself or others, then I would like for it to be done as quietly as possible. wish I could legally own a silencer, would be kewl 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor