firearms: what ya got or want to get

Status
Not open for further replies.
beermonkey9417 said:
its the best thing i can afford, and prolly anyone can afford.

I don't know if you're looking for something to keep at home or what the intended purpose is, but have you thought about a 12ga? A 9mm is a cap gun compared to a 12ga. I don't take home invasion lightly, besides.....dead offenders can't sue!

You can get a decent NEF 18.5" barrel 12ga for $180. It's based on the Remington 870 design and everything aftermarket works on it. Pistol grips, shell holders, mag-tube extensions, etc. Cheap, yet effective. Besides that, you have more versatility with different 12ga ammo. You can even get a Maverick 12ga (Mossberg design) for $199 if you like that style better.

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/prod ... s_id/16597

Agreed, for home defense NOTHING beats a shotgun! And in many states its much easier to get one than a pistol

els- said:

I wouldn't mind having one of those myself. Alright...get ready for some acronyms!

Unfortunately, we have this thing in the U.S. called the NFA (National Firearms Act). SBS (Short barrel shotguns, under 18" barrel) are considered A.O.W.(Any Other Weapon) by the ATF. From what I recall, these have to be approved at a federal level and have a $200 transfer tax in order to own one.

Hmm I thought ours were similar, I think its from the end of the stock to the end of the barrel has to be so many inchs.
Yet theres a loop hole where I can but a serbu shorty because its AOW I think in the states thats like a $5 stamp :twisted:

In the US the barrel for a shotgun has to be 18" or longer. Overall length is a requirement as well but I do not recall what it is. You can register some shotguns as rifles in the US if the overall length is under a certain amount and the barrel is still 18". I have been thinking of looking into that as something to keep in my car for my CPL. Side folder Mossberg 500 in the backseat would be a nice addition to my jeep. Like vet said, anything shorter barrel wise requires a tax stamp and BATF approval.

so for home defence/zombie apocalypse i shoud get this?:
50460.jpg

http://www.cheapascanbe.com/index.php?productID=1217
8)
sorry for such a big pic but its NICE! and only $366.63

I don't like the top handle on the pump... And I'd like to have a butt stock but that's up to you.

I thought that shotgun barrels could be down to 16 inches just like rifles?

beermonkey9417 said:
so for home defence/zombie apocalypse i shoud get this?:

Unless you plan to protect yourself with bird shot that plastic grip has to go! Something like a Hogue Tamer or Knoxx recoil reduction grip would be way better. If you plan to go out and do any real shooting it will hammer the hell out of your hand & wrist. My Mossberg 12ga came with that same grip and it's terrible.

My arsenal is tame compared to what some of you guys own. Those .308 belts are inert btw. I thought it was a nice man-cave addition.

I have a home protection alarm too. There's something wrong with it though. If you trip the system it bites. Must be a short somewhere?

Attachments

• Picture 001.jpg
    Picture 001.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 902
  • mia2.jpg
    mia2.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 896
kornball426 said:
I thought that shotgun barrels could be down to 16 inches just like rifles?

First question gives ya the answer. 18 inches, any less it has to be registered as a SBS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor