firearms: what ya got or want to get

Status
Not open for further replies.
You really don't need anything fancy or exotic for home defense unless you want it. This 12 gauge I picked up with 2 barrels used for 175. Mossberg 500 12ga 18.5" barrel. Simple, reliable and easily found for under 200 used at most gun stores or private party.

100MEDIA_IMAG0021.jpg

100MEDIA_IMAG0022.jpg

yeah any shotty with a smaller than 18 inch barrel has a tax like this one the Serbu Super Shorty 12 gauge shotgun
super_shorty_870.jpg

it holds 3 shells if ya have one in the chamber. thats nice but thats still too much money. im looking more and more twards the hi-point .45acp
45ACP_polymer.jpg

the mosin nagant
2001.jpg

and maybe a .410 shotty later on. the reason for thos weapons is that i can afford them. if i got into some good money id like eather a double stack 1911 or a fn fiveseven or even a sig P556 and a siaga .410 shotty. but thats not gonna happen too soon so i wont hold my breath.

If your buying that Hi Point for defense I would reconsider. I am not going to run it into the dirt. If it is all you can afford then it is better than no gun at all. I just know their track record. I have fired several of them and not one of them went through a mag without a jam. That to me is unacceptable. Anything can have failure but 1 out of every 10 rounds is bad. An alternative made by Hi Point may interest you though. Have you looked at the Hi Point carbines? Those are actually really reliable from the one I shot and from what I hear on the gun boards. The old model is in the same price range as that handgun. If you have your mind made up that is great. All I can add is if it is for defense take some type of training if you do not have any already. It does wonders to open your eyes to the reality of what really happens in a gun fight. Plus it would not be a bad idea to learn the laws in your state or city. Those Mosins are fun. Probably one of the loudest damn rifles I have ever fired though. I used to have an M44 the short one. I was not appreciated at the range when I brought that out haha.

@chris.0
beermonkey9417 said:
and on another note ive been looking at the HI-point JHD. now before all yall start the word vomit about how bad it is or its so cheap it must be crap. ive watched the reviews on it from many people and for the money, its the best thing i can afford, and prolly anyone can afford. heres some videos of people trying to blow it up.
[youtube]AbvvurXmAmg[/youtube]
[youtube]xmt5QB814Tw[/youtube]
[youtube]2FoWpog5KU4[/youtube]
[youtube]p_HXtEvjlGg[/youtube]
[youtube]LKkQm5TRaWE[/youtube]
and the blowing it up part again
[youtube]dTBG01eYn78[/youtube]

I understand buddy. The choice is yours. They tested 1 out of the thousands that are pieces of sh*t. I didnt wanna sound harsh, it's your safety and defense not mine. I just hope if the time comes that you need to defend yourself it goes boom and more than once if it has to. It probably will too. Just too much probability that they will screw up. You get what you pay for and when it comes to the defense of my life I will spend what I can to get the best I can. I know you said that is your price range but you may want to save a little more. Anyway I hope it works out however you go.

I agree with Chris... I'd get it as just a toy if I wanted it, but if you want a serious defense weapon go with something with proven reliability. Ruger, S&W, Colt, Sig, Glock, Browning, etc. even Taurus I guess but I'm not a Taurus fan, but that's more about being a snob because I don't like their fit and finish I know they function well enough.

i noticed alot of people think the the "chainsaw" shotgun is a bad idea or a pos. i think its a good idea but its missing a laser and a flashlight. now if ya had a switchable lazer and flashlight that the switchs would be on the chansaw handle and/or the pistol grip, no matter how ya shot it youd hit your intended target. but thats just me. 8)

i want to say that the reason i want a weapon is because i miss the smell of burnt gunpowder. id us it mostly as a plinking weapon, im not really worried about home defence i live on the 3rd floor of a condo complex and i lock my doors. and plus i dont wanna shoot the bad guy and then have the bullet go through said bad guy, through the wall and kill my neighbor. thats just not neighborly imo.

Guess a baseball bat for self defense it is haha.

that would be a good idea, a nice youth aluminum bat or this might suffice:
A06-CS90PTH.jpg
or this
A07-BK1575.jpg

if ya dont wanna get too much blood on the carpet :twisted:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor