firearms: what ya got or want to get

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea ill try and post some later. For the record though, now that i've had a few minutes i think its a 16.5 inch barrel. But I bought it at Keisler gun shop. Here is the link to their website, which only deals with government entities.http://www.kiesler.com/

Indiana is pretty gun owner friendly, but of course you guys are talking about federal regulations. The barrel itself has the word "Riot" stamped on it. And if i remember correctly that's the reason the guy said it was kosher. Also, on a personal note I know the owner personally, i graduated with his daughter so if he sold me something he shouldn't have, :shock:

CHRIS.O said:
I am pretty sure attaching that to a standard old shotgun is a felony but if I can be proven wrong that is awesome. I will have to look into this, I wouldn't mind owning one myself.

Now that is probably true. This gun was sold with this barrel from the factory. Considering where i got it, it might well have had a law enforcement past?

From what I gather if the shotgun was registered as a pistol which you can do then having a barrel under 18in is legal assuming it is a pistol grip as well. If not then you might want to measure the barrel and see if it really is 14.5. If it is I would not have it on your shotgun. It is a felony if you do not have the proper tax stamp to accompany it and your state laws allow it. My guess is it is longer than you think. I would think a 14.5 in barrel would require a modified magazine tube. I know my mossberg would not accept that short of a barrel. The magazine tube is longer than 14in. My barrel is 18.5in and is only a few inches longer than the mag tube. I am unsure how winchester mounts their barrels though, it may not matter.

isnt it also true you could regester a shot gun under 18" as an AOW?
beermonkey9417 said:
yeah any shotty with a smaller than 18 inch barrel has a tax like this one the Serbu Super Shorty 12 gauge shotgun
super_shorty_870.jpg

it holds 3 shells if ya have one in the chamber.

I'm really not super clear on the rules. They are too freaking confusing. State law can get involved as well. For example. I take my mossberg, leave the 18" barrel on it, cut the fixed stock down and have an overall length of no less than 26" and no more than 28" and I could register the gun as a pistol and legally conceal it about my person or in my car for my CPL. All the laws are just too effing confusing.

beermonkey9417 said:
Clone TIE Pilot said:
whats that called? grease gun?

It's a Sterling Sub Machine Gun which was used by the Brits. This is the gun the Stormtroopers used in the Star Wars films but with a cut down mag and some odds and ends glued on. Wish I could own one of these but folding stocks are illegal in my state.

you could get a replica, there are a few sites that sell them, the starwars one. and you could always goto a gunsmith and have them fashion you one that doesnt come with a butstock so itll just be a pistol. but that cost money.

What do you guys think of a hipoint 9mm for 150 ? Good price or not? Also is the hipoint company any good?

@ bowtiemontecarlo86
beermonkey9417 said:
and on another note ive been looking at the HI-point JHD. now before all yall start the word vomit about how bad it is or its so cheap it must be crap. ive watched the reviews on it from many people and for the money, its the best thing i can afford, and prolly anyone can afford. heres some videos of people trying to blow it up.
[youtube]AbvvurXmAmg[/youtube]
[youtube]xmt5QB814Tw[/youtube]
[youtube]2FoWpog5KU4[/youtube]
[youtube]p_HXtEvjlGg[/youtube]
[youtube]LKkQm5TRaWE[/youtube]
and the blowing it up part again
[youtube]dTBG01eYn78[/youtube]
also if ya go on youtube you can watch reviews on all sorts of weapons, thats what i did. theres a few good channels on there, heres a few:
gunblastdotcom
iraqveteran8888
nutnfancy
there are others too ya just gotta look.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor