firearms: what ya got or want to get

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beermonkey,

Look into Rock Island Armory 1911's, under 500 bucks and good quality.

CHRIS.O said:
Beermonkey,

Look into Rock Island Armory 1911's, under 500 bucks and good quality.
beermonkey9417 said:
ive been looking on the innerwebs and found a 1911 for under $500 its called "Regent R100 1911".
iac-regent-r100-1911-a1-45acp-nib_1.jpg

its got good reviews sofar. i found a vid on it.
[youtube]sT5f4dS0sEk[/youtube]
and i found this thing called a gaspedal for the 1911, heres a vid:
[youtube]lsje4Xf2jH4[/youtube]
it seems like a bad *ss combo to me, .45 acp with low recoil, unheard of!

recently ive really been mulling over the fire arms thing and ive come up with 3 that i think will work for me.
kel tec pmr-30 in .22 wmr
b_15d179e7dd7ca525dc1c44dda16dcdf9PMR4.jpg

ruger 10/22 in .22lr
images

and 3rd is a henry repeater in .22 wmr
h001m-levermag-main.jpg

i chose these because one, there not to expencive, 2 the ammo is cheap, and 3 they all shoot 10+ rounds(10/22-10rds, henry-12rds, pmr30-30rds)so thats a plus. im just hoping that the local gun shop doesnt try and rip me off.

If the local gun shops are too much then order online. I know a few people who have used www.budsgunshop.com and all had very good results. You would have to find a guy with an ffl to transfer it for you but the savings is usually quite a bit. For example buddy of mine just bought an xdm from them. His local gun store wanted 150 dollars more plus tax. They wouldn't budge on the price so he saved quite a bit of money ordering from buds. Also if you go that route use their search feature for a local ffl. Dont get ripped off on the transfer. Shouldnt cost you more than 20 bucks for a transfer plus you dont pay tax if your not in the same state as buds.

yeah the local gun shop says theres like a 45 or 50 buck for a ffl transfer and if they already have the fire arm in stock is an 85 buck transfer. its a rip off i know and they also have a pritty big mark up on price. the closest ffl that will do it for a really good price is like and hour and 1/2 away. and then after going there to fill out paper work id have to go back later to pick up the fire arm. so i can save money but have to drive 6 hours out of the way, or i can spend more and pick up local. wah...

That sucks none are closer. I have a guy who transfers for 15 bucks about 5 miles down the road. After I bought my Glock at the nearest large selection gun store and they raped me on price I said I am done going local unless they are willing to do something for me. Maybe throw in a box of rounds or extra mag or something. Gunstores used to do that type of thing, now they don't. It sucks.

yeah, it sux now. if you dont live inna condo or apartment you can regester your home as an ffl. i cant do that because i live inna condo. and you cant have an ffl in a PO box eather. so i guess im screwded...

I recently picked this up for $300. What do you guys think, is it worth it? its a 9mm ruger p89

Attachments

• IMAG0290.jpg
    IMAG0290.jpg
    991.3 KB · Views: 734
Ya its worth it. Ruger autos aren't pretty in my opinion but they are built like tanks, very reliable and worth the price they ask.

still in tha market for a gun, just the one i want is onna year waiting list and i dont wanna drive an hour and a 1/2 to get one shipped to an ffl. POOP! i should just say **** it and buy a ruger 10/22 and get it over with... :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor