firearms: what ya got or want to get

Status
Not open for further replies.

beermonkey9417

Royal Smart Person
Apr 8, 2007
des plaines, il
i havent fired many hand guns, but i did recently aquire a gen 1 glock17. its 9mm whitch is just about impossible to find anywhere, so im going to glockparts.com and buying their .22lr coversion kit. at least then i can shoot some paper targets...

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*

Picked up this little Makarov IJ70 last weekend. Most are chambered in 9X18 but this one is a .380 and came with some bonus ammo.

beermonkey9417

Royal Smart Person
Apr 8, 2007
des plaines, il
kornball426 said:
So maybe you guys can help me out... At a gunshow today I bought a flintlock pistol for 50 bucks on a whim... But now I'm thinking maybe I got taken. It looks pretty much just like the one in this picture only with without the engraving on the barrel band.

1063_11_lrg.jpg

Anyway I took it apart to check it out... And it appears that the barrel is a casting not a forging (I could be wrong, but it has marking that looks like the leftovers from a die casting on the hidden parts inside the stocks) and the flame hole from the primer pan into the chamber isn't drilled. You can see a like guide hole in the side where you should drill a hole if you were so inclined. But is this normal of black powder kits? Which I'm sure it was a kit built gun, if not a prop gun. Do you usually have to drill the hole, and is it safe for the barrel to be cast? I know that black powder chamber pressures aren't that high but being a casting still scares me. Don't want it to explode in my face.

Do you think this thing is meant to be a non firing replica? It seems very sturdy like it's a real gun and doesn't seem really cheaply made... And I took the lock out and it seems well made and the spring is very strong and the frizzen works like it should.

The guy that sold it to me said he knew nothing about it, he took it on a trade from a guy that owed him some money... And if it didn't sell he was just going to use it as a display piece in his house. I bought it to play with, he said all I had to do was put a new flint in it and it would fire.

Still if I'm only out 50 bucks not that big of a deal... I'm sure I can recoup most if not all of that money if I want to re-sell it.

im thinkin, for $50 you got a decent replica. if you wanted to fire it id say goto yer local gunshop and/or do some internet searching w\on the makers marks and barrell stampings if there are any. i wouldn try and make the weapon fire without making ABSOLUTE sure its made to do so. unless you really dont like your hands

beermonkey9417

Royal Smart Person
Apr 8, 2007
des plaines, il
This weekend i got to actually fire my glock. ive added a rail to the slide where the rear sight goes and on that sits a reflex red dot sight. the think shoots pritty damn good for the 20 rounds i put through it. i still need some more time to adjust it but it seems pritty damn good. this is the place i got the rail from:
http://strikeindustries.com/shop/index. ... istol.html
the reflex red dot sight i got from cabelas, it was like $60. i also learned that a weaver sight will fit on a picatinny rail. YaY learned! :D

JayPat83

Greasemonkey
Oct 20, 2013
Knoxville, TN
Have S&W SD9, H&R Pardner Pump 12 ga, Winchester Model 70. I'm good for now.

Attachments

• 20130517_113207.jpg
    20130517_113207.jpg
    459.1 KB · Views: 243

beermonkey9417

Royal Smart Person
Apr 8, 2007
des plaines, il
in the beginning of November I bought a glock 17L threaded barrel through lonewolfdist.com, well I got the package, but it was open and empty. so I called lone wolf, and they said they would contact USPS, but I had to fill out a form and send pics of the package. the package didn't look like some one opened it and took what was inside, it looked more like some one flung it like a Frisbee and the barrel burst out the package. so yesterday I FINNALLY get an email saying that USPS would pay for a new barrel. it only took a month and a half... :? oh! and since I got the glock I have done a trigger job and added a stainless guide rod to replace the plastic one. replaced the fireing pin spring and extractor spring, and added a slide buffer. I went to the range a few weeks back and I was trying to see how well I could shoot at 25 feet. I started out at about large soft ball sized groups of 15 shots, and 3 boxes of 9mm later, I was around base ball sized groups. so im getting better, but I need to work on my stance and how I hold the pistol. I hope to eventually get golf ball sized groups, working on my trigger pull and breathing as well as my stance and grip. well see if I can get some pick up later of the targets.

beermonkey9417

Royal Smart Person
Apr 8, 2007
des plaines, il
yeah its kewl. forgot to mention that i also installed a 3.5 lb ghost trigger spring, and just yesterday i received the 33 rd mag. i cant wait till the barrel comes in, its gonna look sweet!

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
I've been thinking about doing a custom AR build. Now that prices have gotten more reasonable it's actually pretty affordable. Honestly, I've never even shot one before. It just seems like it'd be a fun project. Like Legos but louder.

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
My most recent addition. I didn't have enough room to get the old Daisy pump BB rifle behind the washing machine so I had to make an emergency trip to Big5. Just a CO2 BB gun but more than adequate for what I needed it for. Rats are gross.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor