Fishing (2020)

RabbitHoleSS

G-Body Guru
Dec 8, 2019
Indianapolis
4.5hr drive from NAP. Some of the best crappie fishing on the planet on Kentucky Lake and Lake Barkley.
We got t-stormed out today. So were going tommorow. I've always wanted to take a vacation to land between the lakes. I've heard from many you cant beat the crappie fishing their. Probably gonna wait til my sons a little older. More time fishing, less time untangling etc.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
Bream and bass out of my pond. Son and I on the coast with trout, redfish and flounder the other day

Attachments

• Bass.PNG
    Bass.PNG
    769.9 KB · Views: 11
  • Bream.PNG
    Bream.PNG
    980.8 KB · Views: 11
  • Redfish.PNG
    Redfish.PNG
    805.5 KB · Views: 11
  • Trout and Flounder.PNG
    Trout and Flounder.PNG
    1.1 MB · Views: 11
Reactions: 1 users
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
We only have a few Panfish here, Crappie are no doubt fun to catch like Rock Bass. They fight really hard pound for pound and love the strong current. Really Rock Bass are the only native Bass and other then Perch, the only other prolific small species here. My Wife caught two Rock Bass a couple years back that had to be 2+ pounds, huge for them. We caught 10 one day from a local lake, I was very tempted to transport them to our local reservoir a mile from our house. Since Pike have snuck in, now 20 pounders in our reservoir, the Perch population is in the toilet. I find Rock Bass much more competitive than Perch and would establish them themselves quite nicely.

Reactions: 2 users

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
We only have a few Panfish here, Crappie are no doubt fun to catch like Rock Bass. They fight really hard pound for pound and love the strong current. Really Rock Bass are the only native Bass and other then Perch, the only other prolific small species here. My Wife caught two Rock Bass a couple years back that had to be 2+ pounds, huge for them. We caught 10 one day from a local lake, I was very tempted to transport them to our local reservoir a mile from our house. Since Pike have snuck in, now 20 pounders in our reservoir, the Perch population is in the toilet. I find Rock Bass much more competitive than Perch and would establish them themselves quite nicely.

That is what is nice about where we live. The saltwater has so many species to catch and not far out. Our best day is 13 different species. All inshore
Fresh water here is also very good. Lots of species of panfish, large mouth bass ans such. I went over to my pond last night and caught 4 small bass before the mosquitos carryed me off.

Reactions: 1 user

CDUNIGAN1981

Master Mechanic
Mar 15, 2015
Rock bass are usually called strippers where I fish

On Kentucky Lake there is a rock quarry that people jump off of.
As your leaving the cove where the rock quarry is, out to the main part of the Lake you will go right above the old Tennessee River.

When I was a kid my grandfather could pull right out top of it.
Every July we would jig off the bottom (with multiple lures).
If you go right along the edge of the old Tennessee river bank (which is obviously flooded now) you could bring up multiple fish as a time.

It was unreal.

My other favorite thing to do on Kentucky Lake was to catfish with Wheaties dough balls off the bottom in front of the camper.
Channel cats and carp would be hitting pretty regularly if the the recreational boating was a minimum.

I personally loved to catch the Carp because the fought so hard.

Never ate them but some of the local Kentucky crowd would take them off our hands.
I would be standing on the bank like "You take that mud vein out of that goldfish buddy. I'm eating catfish, bass and bluegill tonight."

Reactions: 2 users

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
It is hard to beat childhood fishing memories. I started fishing at an early age and so did my son. We still fish regularly

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor