For the love of god.... will someone with an 86,87,88 reove their glove box light and shoot me apic

Status
Not open for further replies.

el corvino

Greasemonkey
Aug 23, 2015
This is driving me insane. I have an 82 or 84 donor dasy, and the correct bulb (1891) with a circular base easily pops in and out. My 1987 Cutty Brougham, while still showing in the manual an 1891 bulb doesn't even take and hold the bulb. Visually, it even looks like they changed the port where it plugs in from circular to square.

If anyone has 10 seconds and can open their glove box... just a picture of the bulb (post bulb # if present) and a second pick of inside where it plugs in so I can see if something is possible off.

- Mike

mr evil

Aug 4, 2009
Sooke, BC, Canada
I'll second this, I'm having same problem-listed 1891 bulb just does not work and I can't friggin remember what was in there:blam:

el corvino

Greasemonkey
Aug 23, 2015
Here is the issue... This is an earlier year glove box latch and it's obvious how the circular 1891 bulb goes in out...

The second picture is the latch in my 87 Olds Cutlass... definitely not the same input.

Attachments

• IMG_4480.JPG
    IMG_4480.JPG
    663.5 KB · Views: 346
  • IMG_4479.JPG
    IMG_4479.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 356
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor