For those of you over 30 lol you will like this one!

Status
Not open for further replies.

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
how about when you walked into a repair shop and asked for new "poly", and you didn't get those nice suspension bushings, but a set of tires?

thought about that when I was replaceing the u-joints on my 79 f-100 and noticed the original spare hanging in it's original place! :)

uneek1976

G-Body Guru
Jul 24, 2009
Sugar Grove IL/ Chicago
Man this is so true. I remember the first time i went to court and the judge asked my dad if he had done anything to me, as far as if i was grounded or anything like that, my dad replied with "I pretty much beat his butt". The judge replied "You could not have done a better job". Stuff like that will never happen these days.

custom442

Royal Smart Person
Jul 4, 2008
Houston
Man I'm 23 and that first post all applied to me when I was younger (minus the records and microwave). It might not be time yet for the 'nostalgia' of the older than 30 crowd.

I remember replacing the vacuum tube in my first tv that I got at a garage sale for like 5-10$. And recording tapes from the radio was huge, I still have a lot of em. Had to wait for my sister to get off the cord phone to use it cuz shed talk all day.

...when everyone carried a quarter for a phone call. Lol waiting for my mom to call back the payphone at school. Riding my Huffy to the local Jamails grocery with my friend cuz it was the only place in town still with a 25 cent coke machine.

carmangary

G-Body Guru
Oct 13, 2009
Remember having to adjust the vert and horizontal on the TV so the picture would actually be still instead of scrolling up the screen? Also, having to tune after changing the channel because the big round knob never quite got it exactly on the right frequency? Not only did you have to get up and channge the channel, you had to fiddle with the settings and the antenna and then go sit back down.

87SS383

Apprentice
Jan 15, 2010
i'm a childl of the 90's. Only 23, but I can see where you guys are coming from. I agree that being of the technology age has softened things up a bunch. It's really frustrating though seeing your PEERS be overcome with all the media hype of Reality TV/blatant consumerism. I asked on of my sister's friends (18 yrs old) who the VP of the United States was and she didn't know, but she could tell me all the cast members of the Real World. Another friend of mine asked if Afghanistan was in Africa. I mean REALLY? It seems as though all the Reality TV is taking people's minds off what is really going on in the world by putting more emphasis on other people's lives that have nothing to do with your own. Cuidad Juarez on the other side of El Paso had over 1000 murders last year. Thats more than 3 a day. But do you ever hear about it? It's right beneath our feet, but the Cartel Wars in Mexico are acheiving no air time on Headline news, but they sure will tell you about the latest celebrity that had a baby, or an affair, or went to get ice cream in the city. It's total bullshit. I really hope the younger genereation (my generation) comes to their senses and see's through the smokescreen.

blk74nova

Apprentice
Oct 7, 2009
I'm 34 and this thread is great.
Ahhhh lawn darts, where at the yearly family reunion you found out who the dumb cousin was. "Hey try to catch this when i throw it" lol which was followed by an *ss whopping from an aunt, uncle,mom ,or dad or any combo of them. We still have a big family reunion every year.

We lived in the coutry so growing up we had 4 channels, 1 was public broadcasting, 2 would only come in half the time and the other 1 sucked lol. I remember how excited all the kids were when fox came on the air.

They used to be an hour of cartoons after school before the evening news on every channel!!!!

My grandpa used to send me out to turn the antenna while he yelled out the window when to stop.

Tail_Lights_Fade

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 8, 2010
Downers Grove, Illinois
Re:

RUSTY OL BU said:
Preach on brother! :soapbox: You nailed it! Forgot one thing tho how they dress. The pants off the a#$ kills me.

Hey, that's my generation doing that and I don't even get it. I swear every time I see someone walking around with their pants hanging too low I think they must have crapped their pants or something.

83cutlassowner

Greasemonkey
Oct 4, 2009
yankton,sd
Re: Re:

Tail_Lights_Fade said:
RUSTY OL BU said:
Preach on brother! :soapbox: You nailed it! Forgot one thing tho how they dress. The pants off the a#$ kills me.

Hey, that's my generation doing that and I don't even get it. I swear every time I see someone walking around with their pants hanging too low I think they must have crapped their pants or something.
no kidding. i thaught that people had grown out of that sh*t until the other day. i was driving to the parts store and saw a white kid wearing "shorts" that came down to the top of his shoes with the crotch right by his knees. the whole time his *ss was hanging out. lol not to be disrespectful or racist but around here they're refered to as wiggers lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor