Ford to build an all new pushrod V8

Status
Not open for further replies.

carnutjw

G-Body Guru
Sep 17, 2017
Looks like a big *ss LS to me- cross bolted, symmetrical exhaust, coil packs. Why are the valve springs like 4" long?

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
Agreed. I have been driving Ford's lately....well OK, Lincoln. No regrets.

View attachment 107699

Double agree, my CVPI is probably the best car I have owned. It may not be as fast as a stock MCSS, but a P71 can easily out handle most G bodies, even ones with suspension upgrades. Many 4.6 powered CVPIs rack up to 200k in Police duty, then get sold to Taxis companies who run them another 200k, and not counting idle hours. Ford at least kept building full frame, RWD V8 sedans long after GM had ceased building theirs.

Reactions: 1 user
Nov 4, 2012
Double agree, my CVPI is probably the best car I have owned. It may not be as fast as a stock MCSS, but a P71 can easily out handle most G bodies, even ones with suspension upgrades. Many 4.6 powered CVPIs rack up to 200k in Police duty, then get sold to Taxis companies who run them another 200k, and not counting idle hours. Ford at least kept building full frame, RWD V8 sedans long after GM had ceased building theirs.

I had that '99 Town Car I mentioned and the build quality and materials quality on it was impressive. For a 1990s American car, even by today's standards, the fit and finish was excellent, and it was a really comfortable car. It ran so quiet. You could be standing right next to it with it running and not hear it. It was a pretty looking car too, a grandpa special. Light blue with dark blue interior and a dark blue vinyl top. I'd have preferred no vinyl roof but it fit the car well.

And I absolutely love my 1995 F150 though it was more of a project vehicle.

Tomeal

G-Body Guru
Apr 17, 2016
Clyde,pa

DROLDS84

Master Mechanic
Feb 15, 2015
Northern Indiana
Sounds like this is going to be extreme heavy duty engine and be a while before it's hot rodded. I've been a GM man my whole life but when buying my motor home I had a choice between GM or Ford chassis and the Ford V 10 had the torque (pulling 9,000 lbs) and very happy with my choice. Wondering what this new engine might do. As far as Ford jokes - GM takes the cake. Bankruptcy - right!! and with the Governments permission I got screwed and tattooed, I'll leave it at that.

View attachment 107686
My partner full body paint one Sunseeker a day for years now.Good choice the Foresr River line of RV's is one of the better ones here in Elkart and the Fords blow the GMC's out of the water.

DROLDS84

Master Mechanic
Feb 15, 2015
Northern Indiana
To each is own we all like what we like.Blew a brake line yesterday evening on my old Dakota and drove the wifes 2016 Exploder to work today.😢 couldn't find the barf icon sorry.Keep in mind the newest vehicle I own is a 99' Dakota and like it that way.

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Sounds like a kick *ss motor. Look a the super long, smallish diameter intake runners and basically shorty headers. As said, the right cam and ready to run controller from Ford would be a great tire burning hotrod motor.

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor