Front Load washing machines - what brand to buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Sure a top loader is superior in every way (unless you are a short and like matching socks), but you can't stack **** on top of it. What good is a laundry room unless you can stack **** everywhere?
Lol, that's what the shelving(not in the pic) and the dryer is for since the wife doesn't care to fold clothes. They just sit in baskets until I do it, then have to burn more energy redrying stuff to get wrinkles out....damnit I think she might be playing me :unsure:!!!!

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
I learned one thing reading this topic-

I think this is kinda the wrong place to get positive advice for a new household appliance (in a good way haha)! Most people here have the ability acknowledge just because something is new doesn't mean it's good.

I wonder how the reviews for washers and driers would vary on a model T enthusiasts forum, vs a tri 5 chevy forum, vs a honda forum, vs a prius forum, vs an AMG mercedes forum.

I think the owners of cars behaviors somewhat wear off on their appliance choices.

Model T-Old for old sakes
Tri 5- Sweeping lines and colors, chrome
G body- Easy to fix, long lasting
Honda-Affordable, parts interchangeability
Prius- Technology and efficiency
AMG mercedes- Features and luxury

I also did the buy a $50 pair of 80's whirlpool top load washer/drier off craigslist in college. Drier didnt work but it was just clogged with lint, and the washer would fill and not turn on, turned out to be the lid safety switch. Disconnected the safety switch so now it can run a full cycle without needing the door closed. Yes, I like to live dangerously! Drier still doesn't turn off (tumbles forever) but as long as you remember to take the clothes out its fine. When I moved it jiggled something loose and started working fine again, then broke after a few months.

I feel like the top load vs front load is like fwd vs rwd. Yes, fwd is more efficient, is the new thing, cheaper, but rwd is what all the people who really know want.

Reactions: 1 user

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
Don't do it !! Have the boss investigate them, if she still has to have them buy a good warranty.

• Agree

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
have a samsung matching pair for several years now. replaced the pump in the washer a couple years ago and the element and belt in the dryer just this past year. not difficult jobs at all. use the washer cleaner once a month and open it up in between uses so it fully dries out, no moldy water smell.

Biggest problem was having to get 3 different dryers intitally. The first one was delivered with the side caved in, the next one the delivery dudes caved in the top putting it in place.

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
One reason I stick with Kenmore (Whirlpool) is the availability of parts. My dryer is pretty old and I have replaced the gas valve set twice. First time I used a no-name Fleabay brand because I was desperate. They failed too so last time I found OEM Whirlpool and bought a set for now and another set for later. Of course they'll probably never go bad now.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

CaliWagon83

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2017
Orange County, CA
My wife listens to her dad when it comes to cars, appliances, etc. Granted, he is a lot more knowledgeable about these things than I am, generally-speaking. However, nine times out of 10, he says the same thing I did initially. I then sarcastically turn to my wife and say, “I guess I know nothing, huh?” :rolleyes:

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
John Deere has a dependable heavy duty front loader....it'll take big loads...:p

jd_644k_hybrid_4_large1-1024x682.jpg

• Winner
Reactions: 4 users

Andebe

Greasemonkey
Mar 6, 2017
Indiana
Guys...this freaking post has 3 pages. SMH...:blam:

• Informative

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
It's cool. But just let's not start swapping brownie recipes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor