Front Speakers Ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

theoldsone

G-Body Guru
Dec 26, 2014
First off I need help removing my front speakers they are junk to begin with. How do I go about removing them? Do I have to remove the entire dash??

Second question is what other aftermarket speakers can take there place? For people who have done this before what brand did you use?

L92 OLDS

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 30, 2012
West Michigan
First off I need help removing my front speakers they are junk to begin with. How do I go about removing them? Do I have to remove the entire dash??

Second question is what other aftermarket speakers can take there place? For people who have done this before what brand did you use?

When I did mine 15 years ago there weren't many good options. I couldn't find a good quality speaker that would drop in without clearance issues so while the IP was out, I mounted some good coax speakers from the back.

theoldsone

G-Body Guru
Dec 26, 2014
Yea I plan I replacing all 4 for a good quality speaker too.

84cutspreme

Royal Smart Person
Jun 4, 2009
I recently did mine. If you remove the glove box door which is just 4 screws makes getting to p/s speaker a breeze. You can just pop the covers off speakers but they are brittle. Even going from the bottom and pushing clips out I still had to epoxy 3/6 clips back on. d/s speaker is a pain if you want to get from the bottom. I had cluster and inner dash out when I did mine bc I was re-wiring everything. I also did the big 3 upgrade when I put my stereo together. I used a set of kenwood KFC-835C's, only because they are one of or the only speakers without tweeters to hit grills. They cleared fine and sound good, but they are nothing special but and upgrade from the stockers. As for the wires I forget whether I used 6 or 4 gauge for charging wire and put a circuit breaker in line. I left the factory starter wires and checked to see drop in amps @ the fuse panel and found there was barely any drop. Grounds from engine to body and engine to frame are 1/0. main ground is still stock and I even put a ground from radiator to frame in an effort to prevent electrolysis. Amps are both connected directly to battery through proper fuses and wires.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor